Typoman is a puzzle platformer. You slip into the role of a character made of letters, struggling to make your way through a dark and hostile world. Despite your small stature you have a powerful gift: You can craft words which will have an effect on the environment. But choose your words wisely - they can either be a blessing... or a curse!
· Wield the power of altering the world by creating, changing or destroying words
· Solve ingenious and challenging puzzles with a unique aesthetic mix of typography and pen & ink graphics
· Captivating, carefully drafted, on-the-fly told story using witty word puzzles and puns
· Surreal, atmospheric game world
· Distinct soundtrack specifically composed for the game
Awards & Recognition
· Featured at Indie Game Revolution, EMP Museum, Seattle
· Beste Inszenierung / Best Production, German Video Game Awards 2016, Munich
· Finalist Indie Prize 2016 Showcase, Casual Connect Europe 2016, Amsterdam
· Best Casual Game, Game Connection Development Awards 2015, San Francisco
· Nominee for Best Game, Best Indie Game, Best Sound, Best Game Design, Best Console Game, German Dev Awards 2015, Cologne
· Winner Best Art Style, Gaming Trend's Best of E3 2015 Awards, Los Angeles
· Winner Best of Quo Vadis 2015 (Sponsored by Google), Best of Quo Vadis Show, Berlin
· Nominee Best Indie Game, gamescom award 2015, Cologne
-Improved game performance
-Fixed several bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Bad Controls Make Game Difficult To Play
Now, I played this game on the WiiU back when it first came out, and although my own incompetence made it hard for me to complete the game, I was eventually able to complete it. When I saw this on the App Store, I was excited and looking forward to playing the fun game I had enjoyed on the WiiU. Instead, the controls make it hard to do anything, and have left me stuck on what should be a relatively simple puzzle (if slightly hard to execute). First of al, the directional “joy stick” only goes in four directions, which is severely limiting compared to the 360° of control I had on the WiiU. But I could live with that. What I can’t live with is the fact that you can’t do more than jump while moving, an essential part of some of the platforming sections, which require you to be able to jump and throw letters mid-air. That, combined with the difficult to aim throwing (and the start distance that the letters are thrown), makes it very difficult to complete certain sections of the game, and has left me stuck on a section that I would normally be able to solve in just a few tries.
This is game is great! The story is creative and well told. The art music and sound makes it super immersive. The controls are a little off since you have to stop moving in order to pick up a letter and such but once you get the hang of it it gets fun and the things you can do are pretty much anything. The bad side of it all..I don’t mind the commercials I get you guys need the monetary support from somewhere but sometimes the commercial won’t load and you have a few options like retry abort and “x” but then you’re left with the game retrying to load the commercial and you’re stuck in an infinite loop and all you can do is close the game and relaunch in order to proceed..great game though. Definitely worth downloading! I hope typoman 2 comes out soon!
Needs some Improvements
I played through the whole game, the story is good and all that, but getting straight to the point. When the character(or Me ) dies first try on the level; it straight up puts a message: “Typo man needs a break!” I am overall frustrated about that because it’s like you have one life before the death screen pops up, I would recommend to put some type of life counter to tell you how much life’s you have left until you have to watch an ad(or not if you have premium), but I had to hands down quickly click on the menu button and click the retry button like about three milliseconds before I had to go through labor of the ads. So please implement this into the game. I would like it a lot
- BAITIAN TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Brainseed Factory
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Pack $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.