• U by Moen shower is a WiFi/cloud-based digital shower system that offers mobile connectivity
• To create a personalized showering experience, U features three ways to control your shower: voice, phone and controller
• With voice activation, you can start, stop and pause your shower with the sound of your voice through Amazon Alexa
• Download the U by Moen smartphone app to personalize and control your shower from your smartphone
• Through the app you can:
o create up to 12 personalized shower presets, including name, greeting, outlets, temperature, shower timer and notifications
o turn on your shower from bed and have the shower pause once it warms up to your desired temperature, saving time and water until you are ready to step in
o customize system wide settings such as outlet icons, which WiFi network the system is connected to, language and time zone
• The U by Moen shower system includes a digital valve that offers precise temperature control and a WiFi connected digital shower controller that provides feedback on the shower status through on-screen messaging and notifications. It also pairs with the app and Amazon Alexa for a seamless, integrated experience.
• To learn more about U by Moen shower, visit www.moen.com/u
Now compatible with Amazon Alexa. Start, stop and pause your shower with the sound of your voice.
• Ask Alexa to start your shower to one of your personalized presets from the U by Moen app or to a specific temperature • Enable the U by Moen skill from the Alexa app
Fixed an issue where the Ambient Screen Off on Idle switch would display an incorrect value.
Ratings and Reviews
Great convenience. Looking forward to firmware updates.
We like the configurations available for the presets. It is very convenient.
This new version does fix most of the significant issues we had seen in the previous version of the app. Nice update!
But sometimes it takes two tries from the app before the water actually starts. Also, we would like to request an update to the controller firmware as well. A better variety of settings for the ambient screen would be great. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to select a background color that matches or complements the shower tile? Also, being able to disable the ambient screen animations would be a good feature to include.
Developer Response ,
Hello utwhistler. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. We are constantly evaluating and prioritizing system updates to support demand of new features and functionality.
If your looking and have not bought don’t do it
The latest version is still loaded with bugs my shower is down again as it won’t connect to WiFi and now starts every show at 0 degrees and requires pushing the temp up button 100 times (to get to 100 degrees) they really need to get a solid developer team in as it’s been bad. Now thinking about ripping this out and replacing with Kohler as I have much more faith in there app and more important the hardware functioning correctly. It took weeks to get this to function with our Apple AirPort router which we are ripping out to replace with a Ubiquity AP system partially because to get the Moen unit to work we have to connect the shower to the guest network as it will not function on the primary one.
Developer Response ,
Hello shorenetworks. We're sorry to hear about your experience with the U by Moen app. If you are still having this issue or if you ever need assistance with this product, you can contact Moen Consumer Services at 1-800-289-6636; our current business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. We would be delighted to assist you as we would like to ensure everyone has a satisfactory experience.
Please Fix One Small Thing
This works well for programming the shower, but not for daily use. Here’s why:
I listen to audio (music/podcasts/radio) from my phone in the morning. Your app makes the chime sound when entering controls which STOPS the audio I’m listening to. I don’t need what I’m listening to interrupted to hear a useless chime.
Please take this out or add a mute option.
Update: In response to the developer, thank you for your attention, but it’s not quite there. I tested the app as you described. After muting the chime under both profiles, the chime still sounds, and it still stops my audio playback. The chime sounds when I first launch the app, and select the shower from the main screen. It is not related to individual profiles. I also tested this with the phone ringer set to silent, and it still plays the chime and stops my other audio playback.
Developer Response ,
Hello Phoneboy101. We appreciate you taking the time to update your response and bringing this to our attention. We are currently looking into this.
- Moen Incorporated
- 34.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright: 2016 Moen Incorporated
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.