The U.S. Constitution: Analysis and Interpretation app is a mobile version of the "Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation", a comprehensive analytical legal treatise prepared by attorneys of the Congressional Research Service at the direction of the United States Senate and issued as Senate Document No. 112-9. The app is presented by the Library of Congress using data provided by the Government Printing Office.
- Delivers the full text of “Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation”
- Contains a clause-by-clause discussion of the entire Constitution
- Discusses all Supreme Court cases and selected historical documents relevant to interpreting the Constitution
- Lists all federal, state, and local laws struck down by the Supreme Court, and all cases where the Court overturned its prior precedent
- Contains a table of contents, table of cases, and an index
You may perform keyword searches within individual documents or sections within documents; share documents via email; or save them to your preferred PDF reader.
Compatible with latest iOS releases.
Updated with 2017 content.
Ratings and Reviews
Search function is balky
When I searched for “emoluments” it took quite a while, and then tapping one of the results made it skip to the first page of the book, and the search results vanished.
Awful. Skip It.
Even at $0.00, it’s not worth downloading; a slow, balky user interface wrapped around a crappy PDF doc.
Understand the constitution or lose it
This may be a great app but the real problem is, will anyone use it? Right now people seem to think that everything will continue on the way things are forever, but history isn't over yet. If people continue to demand rights while denying responsibility then the country will degenerate into a 3rd world state. Yes, this is entirely possible. There is no magic protecting anyone here. It has happened to other countries and it will happen to this one sooner rather than later if people don't understand the system of government and are unable or unwilling to hold people accountable.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.