By John Fullington
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
USWeather is a universal iPhone/iPad/iPod application that provides you with up to the minute weather information for your area. You get accurate, up to date weather information delivered directly to your iOS device, U.S.Weather delvers high quality radar images, beautiful satellite views and current forecast maps. U.S.Weather will be the sole weather app you use to keep you abreast of the surrounding weather conditions, and severe weather alerts.
* Complete Current Conditions
* Detailed 7 day forecast
* Severe weather alert monitoring system
* Complete Moon information including, rise, set, age, phase, and beautifully rendered images depicting the current illumination.
* Sun rise, and set times.
* Local radar with Base Reflectivity, Storm Relative Motion, Base Velocity, One-Hour Precipitation, Composite Reflectivity, Storm Total Precipitation, and Long Range image's.
* All local radar images are complete with loops
* Conus images for each sector of the US including a full National Mosaic, Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Northwest, Pacific Southwest, Northern Rockies, Southern Rockies, Upper Mississippi Valley, South Plains, Central Great Lakes, Southern Mississippi Valley, Northeast, and Southeast. Loops for each conus image are also available.
* Beautiful rendered satellite images of the latest east, and west USA, as well as full east, and west disks are provided. Movie loops for all for satellite regions are also provided.
* Current detailed forecast images that including highs, lows, front's and precipitation. Also included re 12, 24, 36, and 48 hour forecast images.
The following in only available on the iPad version, coming soon for the iPhone.
• NOAA Tropical Weather Outlook Information
• NOAA Hurricane information for Atlantic and Eastern Pacific
• NOAA Severe Storm Predictions
• NOAA Fire Weather Forecast
• NOAA News
• NOAA Environmental Visualization Lab
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• General bug fixes
Useful presentation of the national weather service forecasts and images. Very nicely designed and handy to use. One request: please consider making the text forecast boxes proportional to the amount of text in each so that we don't have to scroll through each individual box on the forecast page--the current approach is clumsy with the layers of scrolling. Thanks
First weather app I go to
It has everything right there. Easy to read. With one touch all other info is available. Thumbnails for quick look forecast. No unnecessary frills to complicate the screen. Really happy that I found this app. I had been searching for quite some time for a first look weather app. Nice job!
Forecasts are always right on the money and the alerts keep me and my family prepared. Watching the radar for my area and the continental US is my favorite way to stay on top of my weather conditions not to mention the actual conditions written concisely for your convenience.
Trustworthy and reliable app! I love it!!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 29, 2012
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: John Fullington
- © 2011, 2012 John Fullington
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.