By John Fullington
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
USWeather is a universal iPhone/iPad/iPod application that provides you with up to the minute weather information for your area. You get accurate, up to date weather information delivered directly to your iOS device, U.S.Weather delvers high quality radar images, beautiful satellite views and current forecast maps. U.S.Weather will be the sole weather app you use to keep you abreast of the surrounding weather conditions, and severe weather alerts.
* Complete Current Conditions
* Detailed 7 day forecast
* Severe weather alert monitoring system
* Complete Moon information including, rise, set, age, phase, and beautifully rendered images depicting the current illumination.
* Sun rise, and set times.
* Local radar with Base Reflectivity, Storm Relative Motion, Base Velocity, One-Hour Precipitation, Composite Reflectivity, Storm Total Precipitation, and Long Range image's.
* All local radar images are complete with loops
* Conus images for each sector of the US including a full National Mosaic, Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Northwest, Pacific Southwest, Northern Rockies, Southern Rockies, Upper Mississippi Valley, South Plains, Central Great Lakes, Southern Mississippi Valley, Northeast, and Southeast. Loops for each conus image are also available.
* Beautiful rendered satellite images of the latest east, and west USA, as well as full east, and west disks are provided. Movie loops for all for satellite regions are also provided.
* Current detailed forecast images that including highs, lows, front's and precipitation. Also included re 12, 24, 36, and 48 hour forecast images.
The following in only available on the iPad version, coming soon for the iPhone.
• NOAA Tropical Weather Outlook Information
• NOAA Hurricane information for Atlantic and Eastern Pacific
• NOAA Severe Storm Predictions
• NOAA Fire Weather Forecast
• NOAA News
• NOAA Environmental Visualization Lab
What's New in Version 2.0.2
• General bug fixes
Still a favorite
I like this format for a weather source app. One thing I would like is an update for iPhone6s & 6s plus. I'm probably one of the few who still appreciates the surface analysis charts, but for some reason this is the only area in the app that fails to connect to server. Maybe not a fault of the app, maybe my connection is at fault which is why I will not deduct any stars. Maybe a link can be built into the app for those who like surface analysis stuff. The satellite maps work fine however.
Sadly, had to downgrade from 5 star
Used this for years. Never a pretty, gee whiz interface BUT was the most accurate and reliable app until summer 2016 when it got buggy. Can't get current temp on large screen, though can see it in 7 day forecast which is accurate. Hourly forecast doesn't work at all. Pressure map doesn't work. All other alerts and maps (conus, radar, satellite, NOAA) do work. Please fix so I can rate 5 stars again. So many other weather apps are hugely inaccurate and this was my go to app for weather.
Useful presentation of the national weather service forecasts and images. Very nicely designed and handy to use. One request: please consider making the text forecast boxes proportional to the amount of text in each so that we don't have to scroll through each individual box on the forecast page--the current approach is clumsy with the layers of scrolling. Thanks
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 29, 2012
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: John Fullington
- © 2011, 2012 John Fullington
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.