Heading to U2’s eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE 2018 Tour? Download this app to experience a live rock show like never before as the tour’s 100' long LED wall triggers a specially curated audio visual experience emerging through your mobile device.
Real-time Augmented Reality before your eyes… and thousands of others at the show.
Remember - and share - these breathtaking moments by capturing photos on your device.
With the U2 eXPERIENCE app you can :
- eXPERIENCE exclusive in-app sound and visuals, in real time both in the run-up to the show and in the opening song.
- Capture and share images of your U2 eXPERIENCE across your social networks.
- Pair your app with the 'Songs of Experience' cover image… and get a taste of what’s coming up in the show.
Please note: download the app BEFORE coming to the show as bandwidth and wifi may be limited in some venues.
You can experience the app on the iPhone 6 and above, running iOS 10+.
Updates to content and minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea, but needs fine tuning
This is a cool idea & possibly where AR is going for concerts in the future.
*You have to read the fine print though: its for Before the show, when your free album comes from U2, LiveNation, Ticketmaster activate app & point screen at album & Bono comes out & sings to you: 3D AR cool. &&&
*At The Show: It’s also used to point your phone with app on at screen before the performance starts.
*This worked a little—->most people on the floor with Apple iPhones couldn’t see the AR, but Samsungs could & the pics were clear & Mesmorizing.
* I think a lotttttt of people thought there would be more AR throughout show, but not. People were confused when to pull out phones to use AR. Which stopped soon & Most people just watched the concert.
***I’m hoping they add more & more AR throughout show with improved algorithms; as the tour gets its legs & heads into Summer! Maybe they can find out a way to do AR without the use of phones. Possibly a digital lighting technique fed through computer generators & Projected with mirrors above/in crowd? U2’s set was good and tight- sound was great! Go see them, just leave your phone in your pocket after they start to play & enjoy the music!!! 🙂🙃
Not well thought out
So apparently you need one of two things before using this app. First option, you need to be at a U2 concert in person. Not a great option for anyone on Colorado, which U2 has ignored it's last couple tours. Fine, whatever, because surely the second option was designed for theany who can't be at a concert, right? Right?? Ha, yeah... second option is to point the phones camera at the album cover. Which would work fine if this were 1997 and people were still buying albums. But that was a different time. I don't but cassettes anymore, I don't buy CDs. All my music is digital. On my phone. That I'm supposed to maybe point my phone's camera at...? This app had a place on my phone as long as it took to download it before deleting it. Hopefully the next try with have a little more thought in it.
Gimmicky dud....with potential
Used the app at the Vegas show two days ago. Doesn’t do anything other than what you already see on the App Store preview images. 1) small ...then larger waterfall coming out of the big screen while you wait; & 2) blue, sorta-digitized Bono during intro song. Then they tell you to turn it off and enjoy the show. Seems like some cool potential is there, but it’s pretty gimicky and pointless. Rather than giving the show an awesome intro, it starts the show off with an underwhelmed feeling bcs the VR experience fizzles. Seems like so much more could be done!! Hopefully better things are yet to come with this technology. The show itself however was awesome!!!!
- Lusional Limited
- 357.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Lusional Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.