By Uber Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uber Driver – the app for drivers
• Help people move around your city, and make money on your schedule. Drive whenever you want—Uber offers a flexible way to make extra cash on your terms. No offices, no bosses.
• Download the Uber Driver app, and sign up to drive in the app. We’ll guide you through the steps and notify you when you’re all set to drive.
Hitting the road
• The app offers the latest features that help you focus on driving and making money.
• We’ll explain how to use the app, provide optional navigation and Help support, and let you know when there are special opportunities to make even more. Every trip you take is fully tracked by GPS for safety and security.
• You can see how much you’ve made anytime after every trip. You’ll be paid directly to your bank account every week, or receive cash on each trip—depending on the country you drive in.
*This app typically uses 2 GB of data per month. Using navigation can decrease your phone’s battery life.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.136.3
Your feedback is important to us, and we’ve worked to fix the following bugs as quickly as possible:
- Fixed a bug to prevent the app from freezing on iPhone 6 Plus, 6S Plus, and 7 Plus
- Fixed a bug preventing surge amounts from showing on the map
- Fixed a bug to stop voice guidance overlaps when using third-party navigation apps
- Fixed a bug to stop interruptions in music and improve bluetooth audio pairing.
It doesn’t end here. We're constantly fixing bugs and issues in the app that affect your driving experience. To give us feedback, or report an issue, go to Help in the Uber driver app, or visit help.uber.com. Thanks for driving with Uber!
Finally fixed the music that was broken a few versions ago
Uber's Dev team needs to seriously learn some basic quality control. Every single update something that is working just fine gets broken. Last major item was music which finally works now. This was something that worked fine from he beginning until the team "fixed" it making it no longer stream meta data crash 3-4x more often and no longer be controllable with vehicle transport controls.
This was finally fixed this round but they messed up the preferred navigation setting now so that it keeps defaulting back to the COMPLETELY USELESS uber partner nav. It's just complete waste of development time as it still isn't even as good as some of the free nav apps that launched when he original iPhone launched back in 2007.
The biggest issue is still the lack of in-app tipping ability like the competitors such as lyft have built into their app. This is by far the most requested features I hear from customers second to the fact that they hate the new interface. I'm constantly hearing that passengers think new overly complicated interface with all the social networking garbage baked in is frustrating most of my passengers now. They liked it they way it was. Quick and simple. You used to just hit the request ride and you where good to go and now they feel they are being grilled about what they are doing and where they are going and being pestered to share it with other people.
So many bugs that never get fixed
With every update comes more miscellaneous junk but never a fix for actual issues. Who really gives a rat's behind about earning badges? Really? But never a fix for buggy airport queues, being forced logged out in the middle of your queue, navigation that actually puts you on the street of the address and not on a back street because they are standing at the back of the house or apt. when they request, navigation that remembers your car orientation (since I just used it to get to pickup) so the maps aren't backwards when you start a trip, navigation that doesn't give a 1 mile detour for no reason, UberPool navigation in Google Maps (still isn't fixed) instead of the Uber app option, stop killing music app if I don't want to use Pandora, stop muting alerts because my Bluetooth is connected to my car, trips completed will say processing for 2hrs or longer sometimes, and, for God sakes, stop putting excessive blocks of nonsense on the map screen that we can't opt out of or close out after viewing. How many times do I need to be reminded I'm approved for a lease I don't want/need? They really need to add a tip option when our pay keeps being reduced with UberPOOL and lowered trip fees.
**Update 12/21** Nothing has been fixed with either of the last two updates and now the airport queue shows # of cars instead of wait time. Who cares about the cars? Fix this mess!!!
Finally happy now that the bugs are out of the app
I have been in the hospitality business for 40 years and when Uber changed the app it literally destroyed my income I ended up showing up in the wrong places blocks away from clients and I am still going to the back to buildings and to public Alleys instead of getting to The front of the building and have the proper location but that seems to be getting better but one problem I do have is that I do have is that if I am sitting in front of the building and there is no other driver around how someone else can get the job if I am literally 2 feet away from the job and someone else is five minutes away from the job I think there should be a way to request drivers if an Uber customer is very satisfied with the driver this must be placed in the Uber app it would help my profits exponentially. I have a lot of customers that love that offer many amenities in my vehicle and keep it spotless and offer water drinks food etc. please find a way to add a special request for a driver to your application thank you Ross C
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 19, 2016
- Version: 3.136.3
- Size: 109 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.