By Uber Technologies, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Uber Driver – the app for drivers
• Help people move around your city, and make money on your schedule. Drive whenever you want—Uber offers a flexible way to make extra cash on your terms. No offices, no bosses.
• Download the Uber Driver app, and sign up to drive in the app. We’ll guide you through the steps and notify you when you’re all set to drive.
Hitting the road
• The app offers the latest features that help you focus on driving and making money.
• We’ll explain how to use the app, provide optional navigation and Help support, and let you know when there are special opportunities to make even more. Every trip you take is fully tracked by GPS for safety and security.
• You can see how much you’ve made anytime after every trip. You’ll be paid directly to your bank account every week, or receive cash on each trip—depending on the country you drive in.
*This app typically uses 2 GB of data per month. Using navigation can decrease your phone’s battery life.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.171.10001
Thanks for driving with Uber! We update the app as often as possible to make it more reliable and improve your driving experience. Check back next week for any new features and important fixes.
Just as Uber changed back to only 2 preset destinations a day, they should also changed back to being able to change the ratings of a rider. We can no longer change passenger ratings later in the app. I wanted to change a rating later on and sure enough I could not. It's now automatically set to 5 stars which is fine but most times I swipe 5 stars for everyone bc the rider is sometimes sitting there looking at you. Also a ride may come in while you're dropping off so I may not have the time to rate properly or leave a detailed comment. Just as Uber changed back to 2 a day destinations, you should also change back to being able to rate riders differently later. If I had known that I would have probably rated differently at drop off.
Another thing would be nice is to know what they look like when picking them up.
I haven't had much other issues with this new update but I saw another comment saying that the food should be ready when we arrive at restaurants or at least very close. I would like to get paid for driving to the restaurant as well and not just from restaurant to the end destination.
I'm thinking about quitting this Uber. I get the feeling some riders believe we should be perfect and our vehicles should be perfect too. Please remember that these are our personal vehicles and we do this by choice! So be respectful of that.. That's all!
Sound issues with iPhone
I've driven for a bit and the only thing I can say is the navigation is good, not great. There are no house numbers on houses any longer and the app doesn't locate businesses by the address. That would make finding the rider a bit easier. The other thing I've experienced is the sound all of a sudden just stopping and leaving me at the mercy of watching the navigation, which can be very dangerous in the downtown areas. Also, I'm unable to locate the "stop driving" feature they told me was available when I have a rider in my car. There have been some times where I need to stop and get gas, or use the restroom but continue receiving assignments and this damages my acceptance rate. I have an appointment at the hub next week and hope to get answers to my questions then.
If you drive for Uber you will be forced to deal with harassment (targeted and general), terrible/inept outsourced support, retaliation by their support agents for complaints, and subversive/manipulative business practices.
Just look at how Uber responds to the bad reviews on this page. One of three template responses, over and over. Yet the complaints are consistent. They won’t talk to you like a human being. They won’t actually attempt to solve problems. You’ll never be contacted by a supervisor. If a serious problem occurs, the driver is approached as the liability. Never forget that they can deactivate you at any time for almost any reason they choose.
I have been promised calls from supervisors that never came. I have been lied to many times. I am having the normal experience based on reading other reviews, and writings elsewhere.
You will be abused. However, you will make a small amount of money if you’re willing to endure all of that.
Also, if you’re only going to drive for a short time, limit it to two months. By then they have logged your behaviors and patterns, at which point you’ll notice your average earnings go down weekly without changing your actual habits. They’re constantly trying to find the line where they can get the most out of you while offering the least.
You’ve been warned.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 11, 2017
- Version: 3.171.10001
- Size: 201 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.