By Uber Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uber is your private driver in more than 50 countries.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles and get fare quotes in the app. Use PayPal or add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Set your pickup location and final destination for an easy trip. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We'll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
An entirely new and modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 2.77.0
We’ve made design and localization updates to improve the Uber experience around the globe.
** Uber saves time by connecting you to a driver as quickly as possible. If you like the service, please consider using those extra few minutes to review our app. **
Nearly missed a flight
Long story short, Uber driver didn't show up when the app said she would, had 30 minutes back and forth communication only to find out she had supposedly cancelled the ride (even though Uber App kept saying she was coming). Because of this delay, I was forced to jump in my car and drive myself to the airport because I didn't want to miss my flight. Airport is 45 min away and I had to park at an parking structure by the airport that ended up costing me $120. Note that the driver continued to harass me, blamed the Uber App, came to my front door at 9am 90 minutes after I ordered the Uber, my roommate answered, and she begged him not to write a bad review on yelp... My roommate was so confused and astonished at how rude this driver was. She Didn't even care that they/she basically ruined my trip. All I could think about during my "vacation" with my mom on Mothers Day (who I hadn't seen in nearly 2 years) was the fact that I had to come up with an extra $120 that I hadn't accounted for. Uber Support got back to me and refused any compensation, while insulting me and giving me advice on how to travel. Not cool. Never using Uber again and I advise you don't either.
Decent but needs improvement
Pros (fast and clean service when u get good drivers)
(1) picks you up at your location
(2) drivers use GPS so no arguing with cabbies who are lost
(3) credit card logged in, so all you need is a phone
(4) emailed bill with time and distance travelled
(5) good for teen or preteen kids because parents don't have to give them cash for cab or worry where they went. Just cell needed
(6) most cars are nice and clean
(7) real cars mean reclining seats for disabled or pregnant
CONS: no customer service and unreliable
(1) no reporting system except email if bad driver or if you just think his behavior was bad (hitting on women)
(2) no government regulation or driving test
(3) no safety measures like background checks
(4) bad drivers
(5) no telephone number to report issue!!!
(6) sometimes they charge outrageous surcharge. Once charged $350 for 2 miles.
(7) drivers can cancel or not show up frequently
(8) I had a few drivers not turn their meter off to charge me extra --> check your bill!! Both uber email and credit card.
Uber needs to have a real center with a phone number. If a passenger loses property or is harassed, the only recourse is an email and wait for reply. No driver monitoring system in place
Uber comes in clutch
Uber is great when your find yourself in a transportation pickle, like missing the last train home. The prices are usually reasonable except when there are the occasional fare spikes, which they warn you about before you even look for a ride. I have only had 1 slightly negative experience where I had to walk half a mile to meet the driver, because he couldn't understand how to drive around the other side of the metro stop to meet me, which made me late to a friend's house for a time sensitive event. Other than that, the drivers have all been timely and friendly. Again, it comes it great handy for those clutch situations where you've maybe had too much or just need to get somewhere without having to work out any logistics. You just call an Uber!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: May 11, 2015
- Version: 2.77.0
- Size: 48.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.