By Uber Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uber is your private driver in more than 50 countries.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles and get fare quotes in the app. Use PayPal or add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Set your pickup location and final destination for an easy trip. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We'll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
An entirely new and modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 2.64
We’ve made design and localization updates to improve the Uber experience around the globe.
** Uber saves time by connecting you to a driver as quickly as possible. If you like the service, please consider using those extra few minutes to review our app. **
Use this $20 coupon!
First of all, if you haven’t taken a ride yet make sure you use the coupon SUDOP to get $20 off your first ride! Enter it right before you request a ride. Might as well try it out since it probably won't cost you a thing!
The app is easy to use and intuitive, giving you important info like the driver’s face, phone number, and car make/model. It’s amazing how quick and seamless the entire process is. A car comes to your door within minutes of pressing a button! The drivers are real people, they are very polite and their cars are clean! Some even come with complimentary water and candy! Even if you want to charge your phone, a lot of drivers have car chargers at your ready! UberX is definitely cheaper than your average cab. After all this, I don’t see why you would ever use a cab again. Even if you want to get a black car on the occasional night out, it’s still cheaper and more convenient than hiring your own private driver.
The customer support is also fantastic. I got overcharged on one of my trips and I didn’t have to say anything more than a comment on my driver feedback to get a refund. I’m very happy and I hope Uber continues to exceed my expectations in not only the app but customer service! I also prefer Uber much more than other competitors, mainly because they have so much more supply and cars are always just a few minutes away.
Honestly I loved uber. The rides are convenient and drivers are usually great. My gripe and ultimately what made me decide on this bad rating is due to ubers poor communication with its drivers and customers. If a driver or the customer has a problem with their service and/or account uber instantly terminates their relationship with them, with out explanation. It is then your job to constant their support team, who does not have a phone number only a email service. There is often a day or 2 delay for your response. I've grown to rely on uber lately often I will take 6-7 a week. But 2 times now I have had my account disabled and both times it turned out it was not because of something I did but something being wrong on their end.
It's a fantastic service but it needs some serious polishing.
Recently blew out a tire
I was driving from an event and was very tired I ended up hitting a curb and blowing out my tire. For the next couple days I needed to get around first I used a taxi. The driver was so musty and had a terrible attitude. We got stuck in traffic and the meter was at 15 dollars by the time I got home. I decided to use uber the next day and I decided I will never ever use a taxi again. Same trip cost me 5 bucks and I really like that you can watch the map to track the driver before they get to you.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 03, 2015
- Version: 2.64
- Size: 36.3 MB
- Languages: Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hu, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Ko, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.