By Uber Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Uber is your private driver in more than 50 countries.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Compare rates for different vehicles and get fare quotes in the app. Use PayPal or add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Set your pickup location and final destination for an easy trip. Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Sit back, relax, and go anywhere you want. We'll email you a receipt when you arrive at your destination.
An entirely new and modern way to travel is at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 2.86.4
We’ve made design and localization updates to improve the Uber experience around the globe.
** Uber saves time by connecting you to a driver as quickly as possible. If you like the service, please consider using those extra few minutes to review our app. **
Needs a better GPS system.
I have taken uber religiously for quite a few months now. And within the last month, I find that it has been much harder to find a legitimate ride because of ETA. Recently, I had a car that never arrived. He was "4 minutes" away for literally 10 minutes, I even screenshot the times to make sure Uber knew I wasn't exaggerating. A few days ago, same thing. And tonight, I had a driver that was 7 minutes away for about 5 minutes, and on the screen the car was NOT moving, and also pointing in the opposite direction. I had to cancel, like I did the others... Then 10 minutes later he calls me to tell me he's at my pick-up. What?? I told him "it's a mistake, I canceled". He calls me again. And then AGAIN.... Now, I'm not sure if this is the driver or the app, but something is amiss... Mind you, I took an uber an hour earlier, and there was zero problems. He showed up as the ETA said, and I don't have to give him extra directions. So, I'm not sure if it's the app, or their drivers are being not so good as they were interviewed to be.
I have used uber here and there for about a year now. As a semi-frequent rider I've noticed that the address that the app gives the driver almost never matches where I'm meant to be picked up. Along with that the app tends to give wrong directions to the place that I'm trying to find. I never penalize the driver by giving them bad ratings due to this because I know it's not their fault. A lot of other people I know don't know that the ratings effect the drivers' livelihood sometimes. Getting any less than a 4.7 or 4.6 (I looked this up) they will fire you! This is really awful for the drivers that again depend on this as their only source of income. This is cheaper than a taxi most definitely but uber is making so much off of these poor drivers that can be deactivated in no time due to little things. Instead of what's important getting the person from place A to place B safely and in a timely manner, other factors can come in like if the rider was having a bad day or if you turn down someone's flirting. Cheap taxi but it seems horrible for the drivers.
An Amazing App
If you need to get where you wanna go and have some good company on the way over there, this app is for you. I first used this app because I was stuck out in the middle of town with no ride or anybody to help me. I called cab company after cab company after cab company hoping that someone could help me out. Especially since I really needed to get to my destination fast. After so many failed attempts I decided to download this app. And let me to you, It's awesome! I got picked up in less than three minutes flats. The gentleman who was driving was very kind and very funny. I was having a really stressful day before he picked me up and it was kinda cool how I got to "bro out" with him till he dropped me off. I gave him a five star rating on his service. In conclusion, I highly recommend this app to anybody.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 13, 2015
- Version: 2.86.4
- Size: 52.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.