Ubuntu One Files
By Canonical Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your Personal cloud
Store your files, photos and music in Ubuntu One and access them from any of your devices anywhere in the world. An Ubuntu One free account is needed which gives you 5GB of cloud storage.
Your Photos and Files
With U1 Files app for iOS, snap a photo and it will magically appear online and on all your devices, the instant you take it! Each time you open the app it will automatically send your latest photos to your Ubuntu One personal cloud. To share a file, simply tap and hold on the file or photo you want to share to instantly post to Facebook, Twitter, or your blog.
• Your personal cloud on the move: Browse, access and manage your photos, files and folders on the go, anywhere in the world
• Auto-upload your photos: Automatically sends photos taken from your phone to your Ubuntu One personal cloud and your U1 connected devices
• Share with others: Create links to your photos stored in the cloud to share with friends, family and colleagues.
• An Ubuntu One Free account is needed - includes 5GB free storage
• Download Ubuntu One Files app for free
• Ubuntu One works on multiple devices
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- Fix a crash when uploading photos from the Photo Roll
- Back-end fixes for stability
- Add crash reporting to help us improve quality of future releases
- To speed future development, we do not support any device running a version of iOS earlier than 5.1, and do not support these devices: iPhone (original), iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1, iPod Touch 2.
Keeping the Faith
This is one of the best ideas I've seen in a very long time. However, it's a bit buggy. The app frequently closes when attempting to access files from the home screen and the files that were interrupted during synchronization appear to be stuck in limbo and will not upload to my account. Hopefully after the official release of Ringtail, these issues can be looked at and resolved. Thank You, Canonical.
It feels like Nautilus!
Although the GUI is simple, It still doesn't have the modern touch. It is definitely better than Dropbox, and because we know that the Ubuntu community can make anything better this app will get better! :D
Great for ubuntu users.
It's really only meant for ubuntu users. If you downloaded this without ubuntu, you're an idiot.
Soo anyway, the app is great for picture backup and I use it all the time. However, I do wish you could back up other files on your phone, like dropbox.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 25, 2013
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Canonical Group Limited
- © 2011 Canonical Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.