The official UC San Diego Mobile app connects you to the UC San Diego campus with mobile-focused:
• User login with Single Sign-On
• Class and final schedule information
• Location based shuttle arrivals
• Real-time news and events updates
• Weather and surf reports
• Directions to nearby points of interest
• Quick access to campus services
• Dining locations, menus, and hours
• Interactive searchable map
Additionally, you can access a UC San Diego suite of services to find your classes, look up staff contact info, find a building, log your time, read campus news, reconcile your trip on the go lectures and much more!
• MyTritonLink: View your class schedule with personalized walking routes and map. View your account balance, holds, TRIP status, and more.
• Directory: Look up students, faculty, and staff by first or last name. Tap to contact people by phone and email.
• My Time: Staff who use My Time Entry can access the mobile version to input time. Managers can approve time submitted by staff.
• My Travel: Use My Travel Mobile to input expenses, take pictures of receipts and reconcile your trip while on the go.
• News: Browse through several campus news sources, including research, Medical Center, Blink, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Jacobs School of Engineering, Calit2, and the libraries.
• Podcasts: Under the Courses icon, listen to course podcasts on your mobile device.
• Athletics: View UC San Diego sports news, schedules, and scores. • Libraries: View hours, locations, and search the catalog.
• Tours: Take a self guided virtual tour of some featured campus landmarks or sign up for an in-person tour on your mobile device.
• Bookstore: Look up textbooks by term/section, find current information about Bookstore sales and events.
- User login
- Class schedule display
- Finals schedule display
- Performance improvements
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent App but missing many possible features
This is a great start for the first version. The online directory is very useful and the map is good. Some suggestions for updated versions:
1) Please integrate the Bus map, the acitve one with the GPS tracking of the buses etc. Having this as part of the app would be much more useful than the current clunky approach of trying to access it via safari. This would be extremely useful to many people.
2) If possible it would be useful to have a list of upcoming seminars and their locations.
3) The ability to electronically buy a parking permit? Perhaps enter the license plate and purchase a parking permit via the iphone.
4) Access to various blink services? Including Business systems, financial link etc?
5) Integration of the Calit Southern California Traffic App.
6) Inclusion of access to AtYourService - avoiding the need to use Safari?
As it stands though my thanks to the developers. Keep up the good work.
UCSD has taken great initiative in getting this application developed.... this will set a technological precedent for all large public universities. You can literally open the application, find a class, find the professor, look at his office hours, find that building on the map, call him up, add him to your contacts, and watch yourself walk over to the building with GPS.
The other less "academic" features are also surprisingly up-to-date and run amazingly smooth. Streaming video, news, sports updates, and everything else about the school goes right to your phone, with graphics and easy-to-read font.
I definitely recommend it for any student, faculty, or alumni alike.
No more native functionality
As of version 3.5, this app has gone from a nicely designed, mostly native app to a thin shell around the mobile version of the UCSD website. This makes the app slower and less usable. For example, the map part of the app used to be one of the nicer electronic UCSD maps -- loading quickly, showing campus-specific information like parking areas, and clearly designed. Now, it just shows the standard Google map centered at UCSD.
It is a shame that the update takes away the nice custom design of the previous version of the app and replaces it with a webpage that doesn't even fit properly within the frame of the app. It was easy enough to access the UCSD website through Mobile Safari for anything that wasn't available through the app. Couldn't the native portions of the app have been left alone, rather than making the overall user experience worse by replacing everything?
- University of California, San Diego (Business Affairs)
- 17.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Regents of the University of California.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.