uCentral: Institutional Medical References & Tools
By Unbound Medicine, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** Features Prime PubMed with exclusive journal searching tools **
== PLEASE NOTE: This application requires an institutional subscription. ==
** CURRENT uCentral subscribers can download content to their iOS device at no cost. **
** To find out if your institution subscribes to uCentral, please contact your librarian or system administrator **
uCentral is the only all-in-one app that delivers the information a clinician or trainee needs at the point of care. uCentral gives libraries and institutions the power to deliver trusted medical reference content, valuable tools, and full-text journal articles directly to their patron’s mobile devices. With uCentral, each institution creates a customized aggregation of quick-reference content and makes it available to all of their patrons.
uCentral includes Prime PubMed, delivering over 25 million articles to your iPhone® and iPad®. With links directly to local holdings, uCentral leverages your library’s journal collection by providing patrons direct access to full-text articles. Lastly, explore the literature like never before with Grapherence® - a revolutionary approach to finding relevant articles visually
More than 30 references are available through uCentral, including:
• The Washington Manual
• 5-Minute Clinical Consult
• Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
• Exclusive! Johns Hopkins Guides (ABX, Diabetes, HIV)
• Harrison’s Manual of Medicine
• Cochrane Abstracts
• Davis’s Drug Guide
• Taber’s Medical Dictionary
• Universal Index and Full Text Searching – quickly find topics across all references
• Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
• Personalized favorites with tagging
• Frequent updates and new editions when they’re published
• Create custom notes and highlights within entries
• Tips, Notifications, and Institutional Messages (iPad)
• Recently Viewed feature
• Web access
Instructions for current subscribers:
• Install this application to your iOS device
• Open the application and enter your uCentral username and password, then tap “Login.”
• The latest uCentral content will download to your device.
Content available through uCentral includes: 5-Minute Clinical Consult, Johns Hopkins Guides, Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics, Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, Taber’s Medical Dictionary, Davis’s Drug Guide, McGraw-Hill’s Diagnosaurus, Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests, Diseases and Disorders, Clinical Evidence, Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult, 5-Minute Pediatric Consult, Harrison’s Manual of Medicine, Yamada Gastroenterology, and more.
What's New in Version 1.37
- New Updated look and feel
- New premium literature search tools and features
- Prime PubMed Search helps find citations and articles with links to full text
- Prime Journals allows you to browse and follow your favorite journals
- Prime ForYou automatically shows you articles based on your interests
- Background Updating allows you to continue using the app as new content is downloading
- New exclusive titles (Infectious Disease, OB/GYN, Drug Interactions, Travel Medicine)
- Organize favorites with tagging
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Aug 13, 2017
- Version: 1.37
- Size: 16.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- © 2017 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.