By Bite-Size Bytes, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** PLEASE NOTE: As of iOS7, the UDID is no longer available to apps, so the UDID shown is NOT the device's UDID. The other items (Device Name, Model ID, Version, Capacity, and Available) displayed by UDIDit are still valid. ***
Are you developing an iPhone OS application and need the UDID from a device for Ad Hoc testing? Then you need UDIDit!
UDIDit is free application that makes it simple to retrieve the UDID from an iPhone OS device. By installing UDIDit on your iPhone or iPod Touch, you can easily send an email that includes the following useful information:
• Device Name (i.e. “Steve’s iPod Touch”)
• UDID = Unique Device Identifier required for Ad Hoc testing
• Model (i.e. “iPod Touch (2nd Gen)”)
• Model ID (i.e. “iPod2,1″)
• Version = iPhone OS version and build number (i.e. “3.0 (7A341)”)
• Capacity = Total space on the device’s file system
• Available = Available space on the device’s file system
As a developer, it can be difficult to explain to your testers how to obtain their device’s UDID and send it to you. To make it easier, simply ask them to install UDIDit on their device and press the “Send Email” button.
You can even email them a URL that they can click on from their device after installing UDIDit and it will automatically generate an email to the specified address (i.e. “udidit://email@example.com”). Or you can copy the UDID to the pasteboard by clicking on the UDID (iPhone OS 3.0 or later).
What's New in Version 1.1.0
• Compatible with iPhone OS 2.2.1 and OS 3.x
• Added support for iPod Touch (3rd Gen)
• Copy the UDID to the pasteboard by clicking on the UDID (requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later)
Pretty Good App
This seems to be a pretty good app. I have only just stared using it but I have suggested it to several of my beta testers so I can get their device info for the provisioning profile. I would like to see more info about the device though. It would be good to include the device capabilities (Retina Display, Compas, GPS, etc.) so we better understand what device we are testing on so we have it for our records.
Overall, not too shabby. Thanks.
Dev loves this app
All my beta testers use this app to send me the information I need to distribute apps to be tested to them. It works great and couldn't be easier to use.
I am a developer and this made it so much easier for my beta testers, thank you!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 14, 2009
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bite-Size Bytes, Inc.
- © 2009 Bite-Size Bytes, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.