By Utah Department of Transportation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The UDOT Traffic app provides commuters and travelers with mobile access to information for Utah roadways from the Utah Department of Transportation's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). The available information includes:
1) A zoomable, scrollable map-based display
2) Current traffic conditions on Utah's freeways and major surface streets
3) Lists of accidents, road construction activities, and other hazards
4) Special events that affect traffic (sports events, etc.)
5) Current road weather conditions and road weather forecasts
6) Seasonal road closure status
7) Closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images
8) Electronic roadway sign messages
UDOT's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) uses technology to save lives, time, and money.
It is a computer-controlled system designed to monitor and manage traffic flow on freeways and major surface streets. System components include CCTV cameras, electronic roadway signs, traffic speed and volume sensors, pavement sensors, and weather sensors.
What's New in Version 3.4
Updates to snowplow map layer.
Misc. bug fixes.
I love being able to check my trip route before I leave for any delays. The incidents section gives me a good idea about how accident prone the day is. The map lets me check where roads are congested and choose another route.
What's up with the alert spam?
Like this app and find it pretty useful but today I am getting spammed with winter weather alerts every minute. Won't be turning alerts on until that's fixed!
The app rarely works, the cameras don't come up and if you are relying on this for travel in Utah and are using the Idaho app for cameras in Idaho, be careful in the wintertime they could get you stuck on bad roads in the middle of nowhere
DONT RELY ON THESE FOR TRAVEL.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 25, 2016
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Utah Department of Transportation
- © Copyright 2011-2013 TransCore, LP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.