By Utah Department of Transportation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The UDOT Traffic app provides commuters and travelers with mobile access to information for Utah roadways from the Utah Department of Transportation's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS). The available information includes:
1) A zoomable, scrollable map-based display
2) Current traffic conditions on Utah's freeways and major surface streets
3) Lists of accidents, road construction activities, and other hazards
4) Special events that affect traffic (sports events, etc.)
5) Current road weather conditions and road weather forecasts
6) Seasonal road closure status
7) Closed-circuit television (CCTV) traffic camera images
8) Electronic roadway sign messages
UDOT's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) uses technology to save lives, time, and money.
It is a computer-controlled system designed to monitor and manage traffic flow on freeways and major surface streets. System components include CCTV cameras, electronic roadway signs, traffic speed and volume sensors, pavement sensors, and weather sensors.
What's New in Version 3.4
Updates to snowplow map layer.
Misc. bug fixes.
Great for road conditions
I like each feature of this app. Perhaps my favorite view is the Map view. I switch off the traffic cameras to see the map more clearly. Through the last winter, which was quite snowy, this app provided current and useful information. Easy to use on my iPhone. I always open it before a trip of more than about 20 miles. I also use the WeatherBug app for real time radar images. Using these two apps, I choose the fastest and safest route for my journey
I love being able to check my trip route before I leave for any delays. The incidents section gives me a good idea about how accident prone the day is. The map lets me check where roads are congested and choose another route.
This app is great if you want to try to look at the traffic cameras and also would like to not see anything, or you can go to the udot web page that hasn't been updated sense 1935 and look at not the live camera views. Glad to see them tax dollars put to good use by having a terrible user interface
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jan 25, 2016
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Utah Department of Transportation
- © Copyright 2011-2013 TransCore, LP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.