By Logitech Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You'd never walk all the way to your TV to turn it on and you shouldn't have to with your wireless speaker either. Use the UE BOOM app to control the party from afar and to unlock an expanding set of awesome features like our musical alarm, customizable 5-band EQ and more!
One app works with your UE BOOM and your UE BOOM 2
- Continuous Updates – Wirelessly update your UE BOOM/UE BOOM 2 to get all the latest ear-blowing features.
UE BOOM app's cool features include:
- Double Up – Wirelessly Double Up with a second UE BOOM, UE BOOM 2, UE ROLL or UE MEGABOOM and take your party to 11.
- Remote Control – Use the app as a remote control to power your UE BOOM on or off from afar.
- Alarm - Start last night's party all over again. UE BOOM/UE BOOM 2 wakes you up with your favorite songs, Spotify playlists, Pandora stations and more. Because the party never actually stops–you just pass out.
- Other cool features – Personalize your UE BOOM/UE BOOM 2's name, EQ settings, language, and more through the app.
What's New in Version 4.5
- Bug Fixes
Speakers are phenomenal. Software and apps are total garbage and seem to only get worse with each update. Nothing works consistently, if ever. Auto double up works like 1 in 10 times. Normally both speakers just turn off. Maybe one stays on at a REALLY low volume that won't change. Alarm doesn't ever work. It took twice of not waking up for work before I quit using that. Sometimes phone doesn't recognize speakers and you have to manually turn them on and/or resync. I can't say enough bad things about this SOFTWARE/APP. Again, the speakers are really great.
I purchased a UE Boom 2 a couple of days ago. The speaker sounds great, and I love how portable it is. I also liked how you can use the app to change settings, set an alarm, and pair multiple speakers. HOWEVER, like most of the other reviewers, the app no longer recognizes my speaker. My speaker is on and playing music a few feet from my phone. The app is telling me to make sure the speaker is in range and turned on... this is unacceptable for an expensive speaker! I've turned all of my devices off and on. I've even deleted and reinstalled the app. No change.
Learned how to Double Up
I just learned how to Double Up. I had to “forget" one device then use the UE app. I followed the apps directions: connected one (which was automatic) then turned on the other (the one I’d “forgotten) and pushed its bt button twice, as recommended. It took about 10 seconds then they both joined!
Background: I’d purchased them both at the same time about a year ago and really like them but was never able to Double Up - which was sort of ok b/c I used one in my bathroom and one in my garage.
My guess is that since they were both previously paired/recognized that my bluetooth tripped out in terms of figuring out which took precedence…? (which should be the opposite of how this works).
I give the speakers 5 stars but the app 1 star = 3 stars.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 19, 2016
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Logitech Inc.
- © 2015 Logitech Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.