uFocus is a distraction-free writing application that allows you to open plain text files and keep them organized inside libraries. The main goal is to allow everyone to express their creativity in the most simple, beautiful way.
What is uFocus capable of?
• Unobtrusive interface: the title bar only appears when moving the mouse to the top of the window
• Swipe with two fingers to the right to show the sidebar. Here you can link your favorite libraries and quickly access your documents
• Text statistics such as character and word can be shown by clicking on the Info button in the title bar
• Markdown: easily add headings, quotes, ordered and unordered lists, italics and bold (keyboard shortcuts available). You can then export your documents to HTML
• Sentence highlighting: you can stay even more focused by fading out all the text but the current sentence
• Typewriter scrolling: automatically scrolls the text when you get on a new line
• NoWayBack mode: disable deletions and replacements if your greatest temptation is always to edit your text instead of writing
• Sound mode: experience the ultimate feeling of a typewriter
• Fullscreen: focus on your words and hide everything else that is on screen
• iCloud, autosaving and Versions are also supported
• Choose between three different editor widths, four font sizes and a light and a dark theme
• Print either a single file or a whole directory
If you have any request or improvement you would like to see in the next version of uFocus, feel free to contact me on the uFocus website:
NOTE: only latin character sets are guaranteed to work at the moment.
• Added a font selection menu
• Added keyboard shortcuts for moving the current line up and down (see the Edit menu)
Ratings and Reviews
Love it! Take notice writers! GET THIS APP!
What’s not to love about a free writing app that has a simple distraction free interface (love the inverted option) and that applies highlighting to sentences like IA Writer? It has great hidden goodies! It allows mutiple tabs for separate works up top. You can toggle typewriter sounds on and off. It even has a feature that forces you to keep moving forward with your writing- DISABLING the delete button. KEEP WRITING, WRITERS!
My only feature request would be the ablility to change the active sentence/text color to amber. Much easier on the eyes when writing in a dark room.
Keep up the great work!
I’ve been looking for a writing app that’s equivalent to a blank sheet of white paper, and this is it. It’s perfect because there are no distracting elements to it — just open and type. I couldn’t ask for anything better. Plus, the features under the “Modus” menu exist only to enhance the blank-paper-and-typewriter characteristics of this application. Best of all, it’s free! Thank you, Nicolas Kick.
Hope it can detect Chinese encoding.
This is a very great app. It's light, fast, simple.
Now I'm using it everyday now.
However, there is a little annoying thing. When I start type in any Chinese, there will be a little pop up “The document could not be autosaved, The specified text encodeing isn’t applicable.” So distracting. Could you improve the Chinese encoding dectect? Big Thanks.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your report. This bug has been resolved in the recent update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.