By The University of Georgia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s the best of the Bulldog Nation in one, central mobile app for your mobile device. The official University of Georgia mobile app provides students, visitors, parents, fans and employees with a one-stop spot for some of the most popular services on campus.
Need to find when the next campus bus is coming? Plan your meals at the dining commons around the crowds? Or catch the latest athletic scores?
This app does all of that — and more.
The official UGA mobile app brings together several key services on campus into a single place available at your fingertips.
• Campus Transit bus tracker: Find out when the next bus is coming to your location on campus. View scheduled bus arrivals at stops and find other routes that can get you where you need to go. Save your favorite bus stops and routes quickly and easily.
• Food Services meal planner: Build Your Plate feature allows you to select your meal each day in each of the dining commons on campus. Learn the nutritional value of your meal. Or, purchase or upgrade your meal plan. Get real time capacity percentages at the dining commons and their operating hours.
• Athletic Association scores and news: Get the latest news and scores for Bulldog athletic teams as well as upcoming athletic events.
• Campus map and building search: Need to know where a building is located on campus? Search for buildings by name or with the building code on your class schedule. Find points of interest on a campus map, such as print kiosks, computer labs, bike repair stations, parking decks and green spaces. Create a custom map of your favorite campus locations from semester to semester that can also be displayed on the bus map with routes and live bus data.
• Parking Services: Register for parking, pay citations, view parking lot locations and fees, even find out how much the parking decks cost for a few hours, directly from the mobile app.
• Student Accounts: Pay your University bills online.
• WUOG Radio: Play a live stream of the WUOG student-run radio station.
• eLearning Commons (eLC): Access class materials and assignments on your mobile device.
• Sustainable UGA: Learn about the sustainable practices at UGA, such as recycling efforts, rainwater collection, and composting.
• Career Center: Access DAWGlink, learn about upcoming events, and get tips on how to advance your career.
• UGA Involvement Network: UGA Involve is the student activities calendar for hundreds of student organizations on campus.
• Major Search: Search for majors across the University or within the individual schools/colleges. Find the perfect match for your goals and studies.
• Quick contacts: Get a list of emergency contact phone numbers, including those for police, hospitals, poison control and Designated Dawgs — a free designated driving service.
• Polls and surveys: The UGA Student Government Association (SGA) uses a Qualtrics-driven tool to help it communicate with students about policies and goals. Want to have a say about an issue on campus? Give your opinion in the specified polls.
• Feedback: SGA and EITS want to continue to improve the official UGA mobile app. Got an idea? A suggestion? Let us know in this Qualtrics-driven tool.
The official UGA mobile app is primarily a collaboration between the Student Government Association (SGA) and the University’s Enterprise Information Technology Services (EITS).
Other campus partners include: Auxiliary Services, Athletic Association, the Office of Vice President for Instruction (OVPI), the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (OVPSA), Public Affairs, Admissions Office, Registrar’s Office and Designated Dawgs.
What's New in Version 2.2.6
• Added new UGA Campus Transit routes for Intersession buses as well as the new VetMed/College Station and Riverbend/S. Milledge routes which start on March 16, 2015.
• Added swap bus routes functionality on bus tracker to easily switch from one route to others if you have multiple routes displayed on the map. Each route swapped also shows the two nearest stops that are in either direction for the route (i.e. north/south, east/west, etc) and the next two times that a bus is predicted to arrive for each direction.
• WUOG Streaming Radio Station.
• Updated user guides built into the mobile app for the bus tracker and the main home screen on the app.
• Transit data is fully integrated for near real-time bus stop arrival predictions.
• Parking maps now show motorcycle, scooter, and car parking with different icons.
Great app, but...
New update has nice features, but takes longer than last update for bus routes to fetch data. Please fix.
Please please please update and separate Weekender North/South. That has messed up my schedule countless times.
Liked the old one more
Can't even see the buses on the new update no matter how long I wait for it to "fetch data." Totally useless for me now on that part.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 27, 2015
- Version: 2.2.6
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The University of Georgia
- © 2013 The University of Georgia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.