Ultimate Game Guide for NES
By Embraceware Software Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Ultimate NES Game Guide is a great gaming and collecting resource for one of the greatest video game libraries of all time: the Nintendo Entertainment System. This definitive source contains reviews and screenshots of all of the mainstream games released for the video game console between 1985-1995. Read about hundreds of fun and classic 8-bit games like Super Mario Bros., Tetris, Castlevania, Punch-Out!!, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, The Legend of Zelda, and many more. Featuring all licensed and unlicensed titles, the app provides details for each game cart: developer, publisher, release date, genre, availability, and more. It's all here, so Nintendo and video game fans alike can learn about all the good, bad, and interesting games in the large and impressive NES library!
• 800+ NES game reviews and screenshots, including games released exclusively in Europe and Australia.
• Info for each game including genre, publisher, developer, release date, number of players, special features, availability, and estimated price.
• App and community game ratings - judge them yourself and influence the guide!
• Collection tools to track games owned, including boxes and manuals, with the ability to add games to a "want" list.
• Powerful search engine to filter the game library by rating, publisher, developer, current price, collection status, release date, and more!
• Popular NES devices, controllers, and console variants.
• Cart variants, promo/special cartridges, and even test cartridges included!
• Gaming info - tips, codes, and passwords for over 170 NES games!
Note: this app is not authorized or endorsed by Nintendo. All registered trademarks, game art, and game screenshots used are copyright their respective holders and are utilized here under Fair Use.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Track your completed games.
- Test cartridges and variants added.
- Improved pricing information with automatic updates.
- Improved community game ratings.
- Games can now be sorted by price.
- All sort options now support ascending and descending order.
- Search magnify glass now highlighted when in use.
- Selected cartridge variant image and info displayed in listing.
- Improved Profile screen layout.
- Ability to force pricing information updates.
- Clear collection data option.
- Improved rating search.
- Scroll position maintained when switching between grid and list mode.
- Game information updates.
A Nintendo collector's best friend
In spite of already having the book written by Pat Contri that contains most of this info, I found that the unique feature with which you can keep track of your own NES collection worth the price in itself.
This is one of the best resources you can have on hand if you collect, thanks to all of the detail that went into compiling this app and its hardcover book counterpart - from label variations and region exclusive games, to info on some of the more rare and obscure cartridges (even non-licensed ones).
If you are new to the hobby - or are a seasoned game collector - this app is definitely a definitive guide on everything you could ever want to know about the NES library.
A great app for any NES fan!
First, the positives: I love how easy this app is to use. Any feature you would want is right there and you'll find some pretty amazing facts about your favorite games.
The app covers all released NES games, not just the "Official" games.
The things I would improve are adding the NES Cleaning Kit to Accessories, adding third party NES clone systems to the "Systems" tab, a wishlist/shopping list would be nice, and allow people to adjust value of collection based on condition, including a flag or list for games you own but want it in better condition.
The finest NES collecting app I've ever used to date. Well thought out, comprehensive and incredibly detailed. I would highly recommend it to any new or seasoned collectors for a multitude of reasons. Well done!
I do have a request; I currently have 3 games, all were licensed in PAL regions, that I can't locate within the app (The NewZealand Story, The Blue Shadow and McDonaldland). Is there a way to add them? I can't seem to add them manually, and they're not located within the app itself. (If they are, I can't find them)
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 08, 2017
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 503 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Embraceware Software Inc
- © 2017 Pat Contri
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.