Ultimate NES Game Guide is a great gaming and collecting resource for one of the greatest video game libraries of all time: the Nintendo Entertainment System. This definitive source contains reviews and screenshots of all of the mainstream games released for the video game console between 1985-1995. Read about hundreds of fun and classic 8-bit games like Super Mario Bros., Tetris, Castlevania, Punch-Out!!, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, The Legend of Zelda, and many more. Featuring all licensed and unlicensed titles, the app provides details for each game cart: developer, publisher, release date, genre, availability, and more. It's all here, so Nintendo and video game fans alike can learn about all the good, bad, and interesting games in the large and impressive NES library!
• 800+ NES game reviews and screenshots, including games released exclusively in Europe and Australia.
• Info for each game including genre, publisher, developer, release date, number of players, special features, availability, and estimated price.
• App and community game ratings - judge them yourself and influence the guide!
• Collection tools to track games owned, including boxes and manuals, with the ability to add games to a "want" list.
• Powerful search engine to filter the game library by rating, publisher, developer, current price, collection status, release date, and more!
• Popular NES devices, controllers, and console variants.
• Cart variants, promo/special cartridges, and even test cartridges included!
• Gaming info - tips, codes, and passwords for over 170 NES games!
Note: this app is not authorized or endorsed by Nintendo. All registered trademarks, game art, and game screenshots used are copyright their respective holders and are utilized here under Fair Use.
- Track your completed games.
- Test cartridges and variants added.
- Improved pricing information with automatic updates.
- Improved community game ratings.
- Games can now be sorted by price.
- All sort options now support ascending and descending order.
- Search magnify glass now highlighted when in use.
- Selected cartridge variant image and info displayed in listing.
- Improved Profile screen layout.
- Ability to force pricing information updates.
- Clear collection data option.
- Improved rating search.
- Scroll position maintained when switching between grid and list mode.
- Game information updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Very well done! GREAT value!
I don't know what some of these other reviewers are talking about on this app. Too expensive? Clearly you have never put together a book that requires this much time, research, design, collaboration, management, and quality assurance. The book must've taken 1-2 years to complete, which is A LOT of time. The app just makes the information even more readily available. It's so much fun to go back through and peruse the catalogue of the best NES classics, as well as some of the lesser known games from this industry-saving console. Great job Pat Contri and company! I can't express how much appreciation I have for this app. It took a lot of hard work to put this out and it shows through the completeness and near perfect quality. I WILL be buying the book ASAP.
A Nintendo collector's best friend
In spite of already having the book written by Pat Contri that contains most of this info, I found that the unique feature with which you can keep track of your own NES collection worth the price in itself.
This is one of the best resources you can have on hand if you collect, thanks to all of the detail that went into compiling this app and its hardcover book counterpart - from label variations and region exclusive games, to info on some of the more rare and obscure cartridges (even non-licensed ones).
If you are new to the hobby - or are a seasoned game collector - this app is definitely a definitive guide on everything you could ever want to know about the NES library.
Great product but wish it was iPad
This product is great. So many wonderful features, an attractive interface and online support for updated game prices. There are several ways to view the collections/categories. I wish the fast scrubbing alphabetical jump menu on the right was permanent, cause it’s hard to control with it auto-disappearing when not in use. The most critical complaint I have is that I wish this product was on iPad (preferably in landscape).
All in all, a great product and well worth the price.
The search functionality that you requested was added in version 1.2. We hope that you enjoy it!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.