By Emprum LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** The UltiMate GPS accessory is now available for sale from www.emprum.com and amazon.com ***
*** The UltiMate GPS App requires Emprum's UltiMate GPS accessory for full functionality ***
Emprum's UltiMate GPS App is the ultimate resource to control and interact with Emprum's UltiMate GPS accessory. It provides the following functionality:
* GPS View: displays GPS data from Emprum's UltiMate GPS accessory (lat, long, alt, speed, bearing, GPS fix mode, accuracy, dilution of precision, GPS time and date) or from the CoreLocation framework (lat, long, alt, speed and bearing only).
* Satellite View: displays GPS satellites in view and their signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) as reported by Emprum's UltiMate GPS accessory.
* Hardware View: displays settings of the UltiMate GPS accessory and utility buttons to interact with the UltiMate GPS accessory (AGPS data upload for faster lock times, hot/warm/cold restarts, factory reset, firmware updates).
* Preferences View: allows customization of the settings of Emprum's UltiMate GPS App and shows version information as well as Emprum's Business Philosophy (going green and a humanitarian cause).
*Assisted GPS (AGPS) data upload to the UltiMate GPS accessory is now available for GPS satellite orbit prediction and faster GPS lock times. An uploaded AGPS data set will store 2 weeks of satellite orbits into the UltiMate GPS accessory. AGPS related information is available from the Hardware tab.
* Includes UltiMate GPS firmware v1.0.8 which supports full NMEA support for third party App Store applications like e.g. Harry's LapTimer.
If you have any user requests, please let us know at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 3.0.4
* Rearranged a few UI items
* Added various help comments throughout the app for improved user support
* Various other small bug fixes
Makes it possible to track where the internal GPS chip can't
I don't understand the complaints against this app being a sales ploy... Yes, you need to buy the Emprum receiver, which is excellent, and then they get criticized for publishing an app that enables their device? Why? Anyone who writes such a review deserves no respect. This us a very good hardware and software combination. If you need to use a remote GPS receiver, this is the choice.
Best Navigation tool I've bought
I downloaded this to set up Emprum's GPS. Used it on an ipad3 with the TomTom app. It provides five times the frequency of update, faster satellite acquisition, more accurate location than the embedded GPS. We hit every roundabout perfectly. The little thing was great.
Nothing but a sales gimmick
They want you to buy their external GPS tuner which I guess would work with this. Useless for the iPhone's built in GPS.