Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD - largest catalog of songs with guitar and ukulele chords, tabs and lyrics
By Ultimate Guitar
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play your favorite songs on guitar or ukulele right from your iPad. Choose from 800,000 tabs and chords with lyrics, learn how to play riffs and solos with interactive tabs. Facilitate your guitar playing needs with Guitar Tools pack featuring tuner, metronome and chord library. Get free daily catalog updates!
Featured as one of the best apps of 2013 by Business Insider, Tabs HD features offline access to its content and beginner-friendly tools. What makes Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD a perfect guitar app:
► UNIQUE CONTENT
• Huge catalog. Chords, notes and guitar scores for more than 400,000 songs
• Always fresh. Popular songs from latest releases added daily
• Something special. Selected tabs come with playback and extra features
► OUTSTANDING FUNCTIONALITY
• Offline access to content. Adding tabs to Favorites makes them available even without Internet connection
• Chord diagrams. Each one of them features notes' placement on fretboard with multiple variations
• Quick search. Navigate through the app's content easily with tab type, difficulty and tuning filters
► SLEEK INTERFACE
• Tabs and chords designed for iPad. Easy to read and fun to learn
• Size matters. Feel yourself comfortable with any tablature perfectly sized on your device
• It's all about learning. Nothing distracts you from that purpose
► DEDICATION TO YOUR NEEDS
• Autoscroll. Let the app scroll the song while you're playing along, set the speed on the fly
• Playlists. Organize content for leisure and work - create and store your own playlists
• Guitar Tools. Tuner, metronome and chord library to help you practice songs more efficiently
Praise from the press:
"Totally intuitive, has an autocomplete function to search for songs, and lets you catalogue the songs you're currently using." - Rob Wile, Business Insider
Praise from Ultimate Guitar Tabs HD fans:
"This is one of the absolute best apps I've ever downloaded. It is completely worth it for musicians!!!" - by Noah Mishkin
"Good job getting songs nobody else has...!!!" - by Penfire
"This is the most useful app I have used for a guitarist" - by Jammin1969
We strive for excellence and we're always eager to improve your Tabs HD experience! Please do not post bug reports or feature requests as an App Store review. Let us help you in person - contact development team at firstname.lastname@example.org and your feedback will be heard.
• You can choose between Basic (text tabs and chords) and Pro (interactive tabs + Guitar Tools pack) access, available both on subscription and one-time purchase basis
• The subscription plans are $1.99/mo for Basic, $5.99/mo for Pro, $24.99 for Lifetime Basic and $39.99 for Lifetime Pro
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your device's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
What's New in Version 1.5.6
• Christmas pack added - learn and play popular Christmas songs with Tab Pro tabs for FREE!
• Minor bug fixes
The app is very helpful, one of the best guitar and bass cover apps, period. Personally I would like more transcribed music manuscript in addition to tabs and chords. Probably a few of us would, maybe not enough for a business case. But it should be pretty easy to write a tab-to-musical-notation program.... Anyway, speaking of business, this part is the "subtract one star" part: The business model seems to have them horsing around changing the rules in ways that pretty much always would cause you to pay a little; not a huge amount. Apparently this sort of practice basically assumes since the dollar level is pretty low, you won't get so annoyed you just quit them because the service is indeed pretty cool. And the assumption is true on both counts. But it's pretty cynical if that's the thinking, but the dollars are indeed low and value still ok. For now anyway. (Loyalty is karma, note to Tab) But, of course it would be a lot better if they didn't horse around at all. I like the app a lot and assume if they grow up, they will quit this other stuff and then the app will be be even a better experience. It's a good cover app and a way to see how other players are thinking about these tunes -- that's valuable too.
God's gift to guitar players!
This app has been a game changer for me. Let's get the $ issue out of the way first...yes I paid $6.99 to upgrade to pro and I think maybe I may even pay a few bucks a month, I could not care less, it is worth every penny and I would pay more if the price went up. This app is freaking amazing. I am not a guitar master by any stretch of the imagination, but I LOVE to PLAY and SING, and if you do you want this app. It scrolls the words and music at your desired pace, it shows you all of the chords with one tap. You can Air Print it most of the songs, transpose songs with a tap & of course it has a tuner. My moment of zen was at a beach bonfire last month, and I could take anyone's request, pull up the song and just start playing. I have never been "that guy" but that night I was and it was killer!
Why can't it be easy like the phone app?
I know UG are still sorting things out, so I am sure they will change this and I will try to update my review if they do. But here is my current user experience.
I am guessing there are licensing/business deals that are messing with the user experience. But here are the weak spots:
- the UG approach to Pro on phone has it (maybe gone now) as an in-app add to their standard app. Good. One account and app to see standard chord versions or interactive tabs with synth (Pro). This is great as for whenever you just need words and chords, as you can see all that on one screen with standard tabs and then interactive for learning tough stuff.
- on the iPad that got broken into two apps with two subscriptions. Sad as now the user experience is also broken. I think the Pro features were a licensing deal that perhaps prohibited the one app approach with the dev thinking a separate app would make things cleaner, etc. I get their initial logic.
- as stated by others, all the UG subscriptions and in-apps seem discreet between apps, phone, pads and the web. So that's lots of little $ to track which really should be one.
- they did an excellent update recently which let you share content if you owned both Tab Pro and Tab HD, but why do I need both apps? I don't want two apps.
Due to this, I use the iPhone app TONS, but not the iPad app as much. :(
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 19, 2014
- Version: 1.5.6
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ultimate Guitar
- © 2014 Ultimate Guitar USA, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Basic subscription 1$1.99
- Basic subscription 1$7.99
- Basic subscription 2$1.99
- Basic lifetime access$24.99
- 12 Months Subscription$7.99
- 1 Month Subscription$1.99
- Basic subscription 1$3.99
- Pro subscription$5.99
- 3 Months Subscription$3.99
- Basic subscription 2$7.99