By Moshe Berman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ultimate Zmanim is the premiere zmanim app for iOS, now with even more features.
What users from the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom are saying:
"Best zmanim app out there, gorgeous and intuitive, thanks!!" - tzviki123
"This is my favorite Zmanim app. It's got a beautiful design and the widget is also super helpful. Keep up the great work!" - Bmw1821
"This app nails the difficult challenge of making spiritual software. I love going through my day knowing that my phone will alert me to all the ritually important times." - portal keeper
"Great presentation of halachic zmanim with really nice apple watch interface" - Paul Claman
"I live in England and I carry it around with me where ever I go. It's got all the info you need including what day of daf hayomi it is.... 5*****" - Rubi roxx
- GPS based calculations
- Calendrical information including shabbat zmanim, weekly parasha, chagim, and daf yomi
- a Today widget in Notification Center
- Zman based alarms
- Print zmanim via AirPrint
- Intuitive timeline navigation
- Split-screen multitasking support on iPad
- Native to watchOS 3, so it's faster than ever
- Expanded complications, with Time Travel support
- Tap a zman for a detailed explanation of the calculation
- Force touch menu options, including one to reload your location
- A refreshed look
Ultimate Zmanim calculates zmanim using your GPS for maximum accuracy. There's also a rich location picker, so you don't have to be online to set it up. Ultimate Zmanim always works, even when there's no internet.
Ultimate Zmanim doesn't stop with the daily zmanim - it also lists chagim, the weekly parasha for both in Israel and out, candle lighting times, and daf yomi. Today's zmanim fade out as they pass, so you can tell what's next at a glance.
With zmanim based alarms, Ultimate Zmanim can remind you of important zmanim throughout the day. Shema, t'fila, and weekly candle lighting are all covered.
Ultimate Zmanim supports printing of the daily Zmanim via AirPrint. You can use this to hang them up in public places, such as your shul, school, or mikveh.
You can look up zmanim for any day by tapping on the timeline or the Hebrew date to show a date picker. Tap again to hide it. You can also drag in either direction for convenient access to the previous or next day.
The timeline also supports both the Hebrew and Gregorian calendars. Open the date picker to switch between them. Ultimate Zmanim will remember your selection across app launches.
Ultimate Zmanim has been a long time in the making, and I hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed building it!
What's New in Version 10.0.5
New in 10.0.5:
- Fixes an issue causing both Sof Zman Tefillah entries to show the opinion of the Vilna Gaon, instead of one showing the opinion of the Mogen Avraham and one showing the Vilna Gaon.
New in 10.0.4
- The watch app is faster and handles snapshots better
- Zmanim list on iPhone now shows rabbinic opinions
- The widget displays in Hebrew if the app is set to display Hebrew titles
New in 10.0.3
- When Hebrew Titles are enabled, cells containing Hebrew text display appropriately.
- The watchOS app should once again highlight zmanim that are upcoming.
New in 10.0.2:
- Updated zmanim engine to prepare for some incredible updates
- Updated Today widget for iOS 10
- Removed app integration with Shema
- Removed iAd
- Added support for watchOS 3 snapshots
- Added an entry for the Watch app's complications gallery
- Support for complications on large watch faces
- Large complications on the modular face show the calculation used to determine the zman
- Updated zman labels to fit better on in small complications
- Tinted multi-color modular complications orange
- Dropped support for watchOS 1
I've been using this app for almost a month now and I love it. I try to take time for Mincha everyday at work but would often forget during hectic days at the office. Since getting this app I haven't missed Mincha yet.
The Shabbat candle reminder is also very helpful. Not only a reminder to be ready for candles, but also as a reminder to put away the iPhone and Apple Watch before Shabbat begins.
I have been using this app for over a year. The developer is very on top of emails and responds quickly. The alarms are very helpful and i can hear the alarms if my phone isn't on vibrate (otherwise my phone buzzes) and I know it's time to daven.
Thanks for the update.
Hebrew titles in the widget are now working.
This App is now one of my most used apps.
It sits on top of the other widgets.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 24, 2016
- Version: 10.0.5
- Size: 17.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Moshe Berman
- © Moshe Berman
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade$2.99