Ultra Character Map
By X04 Studios Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Not just another character map. (Really.) Did you know that many fonts contain characters and pictures that cannot be accessed with the keyboard or even with a regular character palette? Ultra Character Map lets you access any character or glyph in any font and use it in other apps. It also lets you do side-by-side font comparisons, print font catalogs, view detailed character and font information (including the keystroke combinations that produce special or accented characters) and much more. And it's really easy to use.
- Unlock everything your fonts have to offer. Access any character, symbol or glyph in any font and use it in your documents.
- Fun with colors and 3D effects. Create your own clip art by applying colors and 3D effects to any character, symbol or glyph.
- Say it in Emoji. Ultra Character Map gives you access to all Emoji characters available in OS X. To use an Emoji character, just drag or copy it into your document.
- Compare fonts the easy way. Enter text once, then simply scroll through a list to see a preview in every font. Don't want to look at all your fonts? You can filter the list by style, classification, collection or name. Ultra Character Map lets you preview header or paragraph text and includes preset samples to save you even more time.
- Print font catalogs and font samples. Ultra Character Map lets you print custom font catalogs, font samples and character maps or save them as PDF documents.
- Useful tools for graphic designers, webmasters and app developers. Ultra Character Map shows all the glyphs in your fonts (even glyphs that are not associated with a character) and lets you view Bézier curves and copy them to other apps. It also features an HTML entity palette, a Unicode 6.1 grid and panels that display extensive character and font information.
But wait, there's more. Ultra Character Map lets you pick favorite fonts and characters, view characters or text copied from other apps, view the keystrokes that produce specific characters (even if they require multiple steps, such as "Option-N then Shift-N") and much more.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Improves keyboard equivalent detection for symbol fonts.
Everything Character Viewer Should Be
This is everything I ever wanted from a character viewer: it’s fast, displays all of the relevant information, and allows you to copy selections to the clipboard quickly and in a variety of formats. An amazing feature not useful to everyone is the ability to copy the shape path of the character – amazing, if you work in Illustrator.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 01, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: X04 Studios Inc.
- © 1998-2014 X04 Studios Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor