Ultra Character Map
By X04 Studios Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Not just another character map. (Really.) Did you know that many fonts contain characters and pictures that cannot be accessed with the keyboard or even with a regular character palette? Ultra Character Map lets you access any character or glyph in any font and use it in other apps. It also lets you do side-by-side font comparisons, print font catalogs, view detailed character and font information (including the keystroke combinations that produce special or accented characters) and much more. And it's really easy to use.
- Unlock everything your fonts have to offer. Access any character, symbol or glyph in any font and use it in your documents.
- Fun with colors and 3D effects. Create your own clip art by applying colors and 3D effects to any character, symbol or glyph.
- Say it in Emoji. Ultra Character Map gives you access to all Emoji characters available in OS X. To use an Emoji character, just drag or copy it into your document.
- Compare fonts the easy way. Enter text once, then simply scroll through a list to see a preview in every font. Don't want to look at all your fonts? You can filter the list by style, classification, collection or name. Ultra Character Map lets you preview header or paragraph text and includes preset samples to save you even more time.
- Print font catalogs and font samples. Ultra Character Map lets you print custom font catalogs, font samples and character maps or save them as PDF documents.
- Useful tools for graphic designers, webmasters and app developers. Ultra Character Map shows all the glyphs in your fonts (even glyphs that are not associated with a character) and lets you view Bézier curves and copy them to other apps. It also features an HTML entity palette, a Unicode 6.1 grid and panels that display extensive character and font information.
But wait, there's more. Ultra Character Map lets you pick favorite fonts and characters, view characters or text copied from other apps, view the keystrokes that produce specific characters (even if they require multiple steps, such as "Option-N then Shift-N") and much more.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Improves keyboard equivalent detection for symbol fonts.
GREAT, One Issue
This is GREAT. I am a professional graphic designer and it is really nice to be able to access all the glyphs (even hidden ones) without actually having to be in a design or document layout app. Compare feature is nice, and the keyboard shortcut feature is nice. ONE ISSSUE and only for pro graphic users, is the ability to see ONLY fonts installed on your system, library and user folders. I have font management software,as do most other graphic professionals, and it stores the fonts in another location to keep my system clean and fast. 4000 fonts in the Library or User folder is not an option, so the ability to point this app to other locations would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, no complaints and worth the money
Finally! A font application that every designer can love!
I’ve been an illustrator and graphic designer for over 25 years, and one of my big annoyances has been the fact that I couldn’t find a font display application that would let me see how my logo typeface, headline, or paragraph would look at a glance. I was always having to do that in my actual Adobe illustrator document, which was always such a time consuming task.
Until now - Ultra Character Map has worked it all out. It does everything it claims, and does it really well. It’s interface is streamlined and super easy to use.
In addition to it’s great sentence display features, you can change character color, create three dimensional characters, and best of all - create vectors from the individual characters! - And then drag them into the vector program of your choice!
It’s already saved me a vast amount of project development time.
All in all - an awesome application! And the mere $10 cost is the best money you’ll ever spend on an app.
A super 5 star rating is well deserved! I only hope you have plans (though I don’t know how) to make it even better!
Kudos - Ultra Character developers!
Fantastic app to replace the horrible Apple character viewer
Ever since Apple “updated” their character viewer tool with something wholly useless, our team has been in need of an app that allows us to clearly see all the glyphs within a font, the character codes, the keyboard shortcuts, and the ability to copy either the character itself or the vector outline of the character into our designs. This app does all of that. Easy to use, clear, and a designer’s lifesaver. Worth every penny.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 01, 2014
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: X04 Studios Inc.
- © 1998-2014 X04 Studios Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor