Ultrakam 4k. The Professional Camera App.
By hassan uriostegui
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
In March 2014, Ultrakam brought Film Resolution for iPhone for the first time ever and now is pushing the limits of the iPhone 6 and 6+ empowering stunning 4K video recording at 3GB/min with these exciting release.
Turn your iPhone into a rival for the GoPro Hero4 (~US$600) and the Sony F55 (~US$28,000).
Join The revolution!
ATTENTION: GET FREE 2x1: DOWNLOAD THE APP BUNDLE AND SAVE US$20.00 !
The best investment to turn your device into a professional video equipment.
“… Now there’s a way for mobile filmmakers of all levels to push even harder beyond creative limits…” -Jackie Dove. The Next web.
“…While Sony and Samsung are busy making phones with 4K recording capabilities, one developer has worked its pixel magic to get more from iPhone cameras…” -Matt Brian. Engadget
“… Now you can achieve that cinematic look when recording video on your iPhone…” -Felix Esser. Digital Trends.
“… This looks like a terrific app for anyone who wants to make several very short high-quality films…” Brad Reed. BGR.com
“…The app is targeted at serious filmmakers and was developed with their input and feedback…” -Huffington Post UK
“…Apple fans can rejoice today as (Hassan Uriostegui) has released its Ultrakam app that allows an iPhone 5S to record at a whopping (2592 x 1936) resolution…” Luke Edwards. Pocket-Lint
“…Richer, more detailed video recordings. Multiple frame rates. Independent focus, exposure, and white balance settings…” J.R. Bookwalter. Maclife.com
PLEASE READ: THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL APPLICATION.
- All in one: Film, Timelapse and Slow Motion.
- Captures to Film Resolution in RAW formats up to ~3GB/m.
- Captures Film Resolution in WEB compression ~200MB/m (~15x space saving!).
- In version 2.0 Audio and Video are recorded to the SAME file.
- MJPEG and H.264 iFrame support.
- Exposure, Focus and White Balance Full Manual modes (iOS 8 only).
Playback and File Transferring
- Private gallery that allows to play and edit the 3K and 2K videos
- Automatic proxy rendering to create playable versions from RAW material
- Access your recordings via Local WiFi (using the embedded web server)
- Also access your files via iTunes File Sharing or iExplorer.
- Upload ‘4K Quality’ videos directly to youtube.
- Export to Photo Library at standard 1080p (required by apple).
- Live Stream and Control from the Remote Control App (Over WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0)
- Connect and HDMI/VGA output and monitor your camera in any external TV.
- Enable Airplay Mirroring and stream the camera’s live feed ove the air.
(and also variants at 90,75 and 50% scale)
-4K: 3264 x 2448 < ~@50MB/s
-3K: 2936 x 2202 < ~@50MB/s
-HD: 1920 x 1080 < @50MB/s
-HDV: 1280 x 720 < @50MB/s
Supported Live Action Formats:
Supported frame rates are @~20,~24,~25.99,~30 FPS
-iPhone 6 and 6 plus: 4K, 3K, 2K, HD, HDV
-iPhone 5S and A7 chip family: 3K, 2K, HD, HDV
-iPhone 5 and A6 chip family: 2K@~20fps HD, HDV
-iPhone 4S and older: HD,H @~30FPS(only)
Any custom interval in 1 second increment
Playable @~12,~24,~25,~30 FPS
-iPhone 6 and 6+: 4K
-iPhone 5S and A7 chip family: 3K
-iPhone 5 and A6 chip family: 3K
-iPhone 4S and older: HD
Slow motion Support:
-iPhone 6 and 6+: HDV ~240fps 10x Slow
-iPhone 5S and A7 chip family: HDV ~120fps 10x Slow
-iPhone 5 and A6 chip family: HDV ~60fps 5x Slow
-iPhone 4S and older: Not supported
- Manual Focus, Exposure and White Balance for a DSLR look. (requires iOS8)
- Connect an HDMI output an monitor your camera in any TV or display or even stream it over Airplay.
- Upload your footage with ‘4K Quality’ to Youtube.
- Download your RAW files view web browser, iTunes File Sharing or iExplorer.
THIS VERSION is optimized for IOS 8 and iPhone6 AND IPhone6+
Learn more and visit the FAQ at:
What's New in Version 3.5
- Added 4K support to iPhone 6S
Money I’ll never get back
Bought this app a long time ago to try out 4K or even 2K recording video on the iPhone 5S. It never worked, not even the default settings. The most I ever had from this app was crashing. Then they updated it a year ago for the iPhone 6S, wait doesn’t the 6S already record in 4K? So what good was the update? Well I went to try it to see if it added anything to the recording and it crashed. Now I skipped the iPhone 7, and currently tried it in the 8+ and the most it will do is 2K at a lower bitrate then the built in camera 4K recorder that does 50M/ps at 60 frames. And the app will only do 30 frames a second at 2K.
Then for the final laugh, it told me I had to close some apps because it may have dropped frames since my phone may not be powerful enough to record at the full 30 frames per second, lol. The A11 is the fastest mobile processor out. The iPhone 8+ has the most ram ever, the speed of the nand memory is the fastest Apple has ever used. This app should be removed from the App Store. If you want 4K recording buy a phone that can do this.
This app blew me away. Using the mjpeg setting, I was able to shoot 4k video at incredibly high bitrates (between 250mbs and 800mbs(!!!) depending on what I'm shooting), with no crashing or dropped frames. Other mjpeg apps can't even come close to this. The app recommends you don't have the quality set above 70%, but I've been able to shoot at 78% with no problems.
The only downside is that the interface is a little clunky and the mjpeg videos are really hard to edit (they need to be converted before any editing software will be able to import them)
Also, you'll need a ton of space on your phone. Some videos end up being 2-3 gigs per minute.
Mostly great, minor quibbles
I bought ultrakam with the intent to capture high resolution video that could be stabilized, cropped, and resampled to 1080p without looking terrible.
It sort of worked. The video is VERY high bit rate (and resolution), and the ability to change the brightness is great. Unfortunately, the autofocus is not as fast, nor as accurate as I wish it would be. I'm still trying to figure out how to get usable footage because the autofocus is constantly jumping around, in all the wrong focal range.
The app is otherwise great, but you'll be fighting the autofocus a lot. I would probably buy it again. Maybe the developer can improve the autofocus a bit?
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 09, 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 28.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: hassan uriostegui
- © Hassan Uriostegui
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.