Ultralingua Dictionary Bookshelf
By Ultralingua, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Updated for iOS 8 ** [If the app is crashing, try deleting and reinstalling it. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.]
The best dictionary app on the App Store. 35+ titles to choose from in a dozen languages. Includes world-class titles from Collins, Le Robert, and Vox.
English Dictionary and Thesaurus are now FREE with download.
The most advanced search anywhere:
• Catches misspellings, irregular verb conjugations, entries in either language, related words, and more.
• Example phrases, idioms, and other usage notes are suggested as well
• Search in all your dictionaries at once
• Type numbers into the search box to see them returned as text in your languages
Verb conjugations built in:
• All tenses and forms for every verb
• Accessible right within the definition or translation - no navigating to a separate tool to conjugate verbs
Favorites and history:
• Star any entry or conjugation to add it to your favorites
• All expanded entries added to your history list for quick reference
• Share your favorite words on Twitter and Facebook
Make it yours:
• Control your font style and size.
• Use it anywhere! No internet connection required.
• Change your interface settings to view the display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German.
Choose your dictionary:
• Hundreds of thousands of entries: every word you could possibly need.
• Noun genders and parts of speech.
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage.
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions.
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type.
• Unlock as many as you want from the in-app store.
"Ultralingua has been an invaluable tool for me! I travel outside of the United States with some regularity. Ultralingua Spanish has helped me expand my vocabulary and help with conversations and written correspondence. It's also helped me understand a lot of the signs and informational placards that are posted. It has really boosted my confidence when traveling abroad!"
"I have your Spanish/English and have been using it for many many years. I love this app so much that I tell everyone I possibly can about it. Every time one of my friends gets a new iPhone and asks me what apps they should get this is at the top of my list."
"I'm an undergrad linguistics major, and you're apps have helped immensely so far with learning foreign languages!"
"With an Italian father-in-law, a German mother-in-law, and Mexican parents, the languages fly fast and loose in my family! I am in need of help with my German, and your dictionary is a Great help!"
"Ive been learning Italian with the Ultralingua App and my study group have been impressed with the ability of quick searching whereas the traditional dictionaries take ages. The Conjugation has been an excellent way for a very quick verification."
"This app simply works. Its not filled with gimmicks, its intuitive, its the best!"
"Working in translation, your apps offer me immediate access to a wealth of information whenever I am on the go. Keep up the good work!"
"As a notary, I use languages each day and in all kinds of settings (legal, personal or commercial). I love your apps (I have French and Spanish) and think they are one of the most useful apps I actually use every day! Keep up the good work!"
What's New in Version 2.5
• English Dictionary and Thesaurus are now FREE with download.
• Updated for iOS 8
• Streamlined dictionary management interface
• Many data improvements and bug fixes
For a number of years I have used the Collins Pro Español–Inglés by Ultralingua as well as the Gran Diccionario Vox de la Lengua Español. Just recently I purchased the Ultralingua Collins Italian-English. The first two dictionaries are excellent and the latter is also good and has a surprisingly complete vocabulary. Naturally, as with all Ultralingua products the software is excellent. Perhaps most importantly, the Ultralingua customer support is unsurpassed. All three products are well worth the money.
Latest version doesn't work
I've used Ultralingua for years... going back to my old Palm device. The app was listed as an update in my iPhone so I did it. Now when I try to open it the app flashes on the screen and then goes to background. Clicking on it there results in the same issue. iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.2. Rebooting phone did not help.
Also, the email I received from Ultralingua this morning mentioned v. 2.5 but the version number on iTunes is listed as 2.4.1
Hopefully Ultralingua will fix this soon. Otherwise my half dozen or more PAID dictionaries are useless
Complete and easy to use
The addition of an English dictionary
and thesaurus is great. But now I cannot access my French-Eng or Spanish-Eng dictionaries from the bookshelf. And trying to add the via the. Cloud produces no results
Major disappointment. Loss of a star.
And so much lighter than paper dictionaries! I use Spanish/English and French/English. I just added French/Spanish.
On the few occasions I have not been able to find a translation I have had to go into Google mode because they were not in my big paper dictionaries either.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 05, 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 29.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Ultralingua, Inc.
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Spanish-English Dictionary$6.99
- French-English Dictionary$6.99
- German-English Dictionary$6.99
- Italian-English Dictionary$6.99
- French Dictionary$4.99
- Portuguese-English Dictionary$6.99
- Vox Comprehensive Spanish Dictionary$11.99
- French Thesaurus$2.99
- Latin-English Dictionary$4.99
- Collins English Dictionary$7.99