The best dictionary app on the App Store. 35+ titles to choose from in a dozen languages. Includes world-class titles from Collins, Le Robert, and Vox.
English Dictionary and Thesaurus are now FREE with download.
The most advanced search anywhere:
• Catches misspellings, irregular verb conjugations, entries in either language, related words, and more.
• Example phrases, idioms, and other usage notes are suggested as well
• Search in all your dictionaries at once
• Type numbers into the search box to see them returned as text in your languages
Verb conjugations built in:
• All tenses and forms for every verb
• Accessible right within the definition or translation - no navigating to a separate tool to conjugate verbs
Favorites and history:
• Star any entry or conjugation to add it to your favorites
• All expanded entries added to your history list for quick reference
• Share your favorite words on Twitter and Facebook
Make it yours:
• Control your font style and size.
• Use it anywhere! No internet connection required.
• Change your interface settings to view the display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German.
Choose your dictionary:
• Hundreds of thousands of entries: every word you could possibly need.
• Noun genders and parts of speech.
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage.
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions.
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type.
• Unlock as many as you want from the in-app store.
"Ultralingua has been an invaluable tool for me! I travel outside of the United States with some regularity. Ultralingua Spanish has helped me expand my vocabulary and help with conversations and written correspondence. It's also helped me understand a lot of the signs and informational placards that are posted. It has really boosted my confidence when traveling abroad!"
"I have your Spanish/English and have been using it for many many years. I love this app so much that I tell everyone I possibly can about it. Every time one of my friends gets a new iPhone and asks me what apps they should get this is at the top of my list."
"I'm an undergrad linguistics major, and you're apps have helped immensely so far with learning foreign languages!"
"With an Italian father-in-law, a German mother-in-law, and Mexican parents, the languages fly fast and loose in my family! I am in need of help with my German, and your dictionary is a Great help!"
"Ive been learning Italian with the Ultralingua App and my study group have been impressed with the ability of quick searching whereas the traditional dictionaries take ages. The Conjugation has been an excellent way for a very quick verification."
"This app simply works. Its not filled with gimmicks, its intuitive, its the best!"
"Working in translation, your apps offer me immediate access to a wealth of information whenever I am on the go. Keep up the good work!"
"As a notary, I use languages each day and in all kinds of settings (legal, personal or commercial). I love your apps (I have French and Spanish) and think they are one of the most useful apps I actually use every day! Keep up the good work!"
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
As I glance over at my books on the traditional bookshelves, I feel nostalgic, revering those dinosaurs on the shelves, trying not to reminisce too much. I look at the dictionaries especially; they are looking back at me, silently sad, each one with its own memorable little history. One, titled Multidico, I purchased it in a bookstore in Tunis, Tunisia; I was attracted to it because it was multilingual and a reminder of my delightful fascination with linguistics and human communication! Alas, though, Multidico takes second place to Ultralingua, which I have used often to improve both my competence and performance in several Germanic and Romance languages! I appreciate both the verb conjugation and pronunciation tools! Thanks Ultralingua! May your business thrive and prosper!
I’ve used many foreign language dictionaries in the past but none compare to this one. Easy to use and, for the most part, very comprehensive. Only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars: would like to see more in-depth usage examples. Also, I’m often surprised at omissions and occasionally have to go to another source to get the translation I need. Otherwise, highly recommended.
Excellent aid to communicating in Spanish
My husband and I have Ultralingua with us all the time for communicating with Spanish speaking friends. We can move quickly between languages and the grammar is now more accessible than ever. Includes lots of common expressions too.
I hope to see even more expressions in the future.
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 34.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Spanish-English Dictionary $12.99
- French-English Dictionary $12.99
- Italian-English Dictionary $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.