By DEXUS Pawel Krzywdzinski
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ultrasonic Analyzer is a real-time spectrum, spectrogram, oscilloscope and octave RTA analyzer for your iPhone or iPad. It can give you a visual representation of many ultrasounds using a sampling rate up to 384kHz**. You have the opportunity to listen to transposed ultrasounds* and analyze them in real-time. For sounds normally impossible to hear you can also use slowed-down playback.
Ultrasonic Analyzer can be used to analyze the calls of different animals (bats, dolphins), measure the frequency response of hi-end audio equipment or ultrasonic sensors. You can also analyze any imported audio file into a spectrogram context.
- Sampling rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz, 200kHz, 250kHz, 384kHz
- Listening to transposed ultrasounds during recording feature*
- Spectrogram analyzer (color, black and white)
- Spectrum analyzer
- Oscilloscope (full FFT window size)
- Octave RTA analyzer: bands - full, 1/3, 1/6, 1/12 (RMS values)
- Max/min Octave RTA values
- SPL Meter (dBFS)
- Fast real-time response
- Variable frequency resolution of the spectrogram
- Variable between FFT computations time interval (available smaller than 1ms!)
- Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
- Window sizes: 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384, 32768, 65536
- Recording trigger (triggered by frequencies in the specified frequency band)
- Zoom and pan all charts
- Measure values in all charts
- Playback back analysis (just tap on the spectrogram and play)
- Transposition during playback
- Slow down playback – transpose required octaves down
- PIP (picture-in-picture), allows the simultaneous analysis on the spectrogram chart and Second chart: Octave RTA, Spectrum or Oscilloscope
- Audio input can be supplied via the built-in microphone and an external microphone (via the USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector – Core Audio compliant devices)
- Sharing charts and audio recordings (through mail, social networks, clipboard)
- Exporting to the iTunes app document folder: audio recordings (wav) and image charts (png)
- Importing from another application or the iTunes app document folder audio files
- Many formats supported for audio file import: wav, caf, aac, mp3
- Automatic conversion from other sampling rates for imported files
- Frequency scale: linear and logarithmic
- Amplitude scale: linear and logarithmic SPL/RMS (dBFS)
- SPL meter weighting: dBZ - linear
- Variable spectrograms length (depends on set resolution)
Tested with (via the USB camera adapter):
- Dodotronic Ultramic200K, Ultramic250K, Ultramic384K
- Pettersson M500-384
- Avisoft-UltraSoundGate 116Un
Make sure you use the latest iOS update.
*Listening to transposed ultrasounds during recording is only available for devices with 64 bit processors (e.g. iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3). Use an external microphone with ultrasonic capabilities through a USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector.
**For real-time ultrasonic analysis use an external microphone with ultrasonic capabilities through a USB camera adapter or through the iPhone/iPad dock connector. You can also import files recorded on an external device.
What's New in Version 2.5
- iOS 10 support
- musical note names
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DEXUS Pawel Krzywdzinski
- © DEXUS Pawel Krzywdzinski
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.