By Plain and Simple Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Reviews -
"UltraTimer by Plain and Simple Software is an ideal tool if you want to use your iPhone or iPod touch to keep you on track... UltraTimer is a simple but valuable tool for anyone who requires a flexible, hands-free event timer."
- by Kyle Bailey, Macworld.com
"Ultratimer: a must-have for interval training. ... Of the timers that I've tested, UltraTimer is my favorite. Its combination of ease-of-use and functionality make it the benchmark fitness timer app."
- by Sang Tang, tuaw.com
"So I purchased the UltraTimer app from the AppStore on my iPhone. It was the only purchased app I have that was worth it!"
- by Casey, rawandfit.com
"...the other thing that I have come to love is my Ultratimer application on my iPod... the Ultratimer is a step beyond."
- by Jennifer, oncearoundvenus.blogspot.com
"UltraTimer iPhone App Is EXACTLY What I’ve Been Looking For. ... I was worried that it might be difficult to use, but I found it incredibly easy and I was running with a program that only took me about five minutes to program, and that included recording the voice prompts."
- by Laura Moncur, starling-fitness.com
NOTE: Current version fixes the bugs mentioned in the reviews.
- Description -
UltraTimer is the original fully-programmable and customizable interval timer in the AppStore. As a result, it is the most refined and feature-rich interval timer today!
UltraTimer is an easy and convenient way of timing any activity or series of activities. It is now compatible with both iOS 3 and 4.
You can set a single timer or multiple timers, each including series of count-down intervals that run back-to-back. Each interval can be customized to play a different alarm sound from the included library, as well as change the background color for visual feedback.
It is easy to set up intervals for any activity: training (martial arts, boxing, mma, circuit training, interval training, Crossfit, HIIT / HIT, yoga, meditation, exercise, workout, cycling, running, etc), time management for switching between multiple projects, or anything else you can think of.
For a complete workout, you can set up a Timer Group which will play individual timers back to back. Start out with your favorite Warm Up timer, then run through your favorite Training timer, and end with a Stretching timer. UltraTrainer will run you through your full workout automatically.
The included sound library comes with a wide variety of reminder sounds suitable for relaxing timers, high intensity activities, and everything in between. Custom sounds can also be recorded via the microphone; you are not limited to the included sound library.
Exclusive to our products, users can browse the Timer Exchange, a community where people freely exchange timers. Search, browse, and download timers that other users have uploaded. If you want, you can upload your own timers to share with others.
If a friend also owns UltraTimer, you can exchange timers via a Wireless connection, e-mail, or the clipboard to use other methods.
Using UltraTimer with music playing is not a problem. You can begin playing music on the timer screen, pause it, or skip to the next track.
Just a few features in UltraTimer:
- Timer Exchange community
- Runs in the background
- Copy/Paste Intervals and Actions
- Delayed start time
- Over 70 included sounds
- Record your own sounds
- Large countdown timer display
- iPod music playback control lets you pause/play the current track or move to the next track from the countdown timer screen
- Pause the timer to temporarily halt the activity
- Timer state is saved if it is interrupted
- Still runs if screen is locked
- Intuitive setup
If you're looking for an App that coaches you as you train, check out "UltraTrainer."
What's New in Version 5.5.2
- Fixed crash when adding/removing timers in timer group (iPad)
I have used this product for about 2 years. I have gone through 4 different iPhones, itouches, iPads etc.. And each time I have tried to transfer my data over via all available options given, clipboard, email, wifi etc.. It does not work, period. Now I downloaded this new version and it CRASHES every time I try to create an action. I shouldn't be creating an action in the first place because the data should have transferred like you said it would- ie the reason I bought this POS in the first place, so I could transfer timers. I had crash problem on most of my other devices too. I do not recommend this
Haven't been able to successfully use the app without crashing. Reviews read as it crash bug was fixed well, it's not as of 6/1/12.
Incredibly comprehensive and well thought out app
Haven't used this app in a while. Now I'm back in the gym using it to space out sets and time heavy-bag rounds and all the improvements I asked for below seem to have been implemented. They must really listen to their users and so Im raising my rating to 5 stars.
Excellent work guys/gals!
Original Review 12/31/2008
1. This app allows you to do more than the other timer apps from this vendor.
2. App continues to work after you manually lock the screen. (NOTE: THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE MUSIC PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND). If you don't have the iPod playing music in the background, the alarms stop working shortly after you lock your screen.
3. You can create multiple custom timers, name them, and have them ready to go, on demand.
1. App frequently crashes while creating/editing timers. Annoying but tolerable. I have not lost any timers as a result of a crash.
2. There is no separate volume control for the app (thus you cannot lower your music volume without turning down your timer alerts as well.)
3. Since there's no volume control, the app should give the option to briefly mute music so alerts do not go unheard under loud music.
4. App should have a "NEXT" button incase you finish a round/set early and want to move to the next interval (useful if you are weight training, etc)
5. App should have a "BACK" button to restart current interval (if you mess up and want to start a section over.)
Overall, worth buying if you need a highly customizeable timer app.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 18, 2012
- Version: 5.5.2
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Scott Fritzinger
- © Plain and Simple Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.