Ultraviolet is a beautifully simple UV Index viewer showing you the current UV index for your, or any other, location in the world.
"Happy first day of summer! Educate yourself about UV Index anywhere around the world with Ultraviolet." – @AppStore Twitter
Excessive exposure to Ultraviolet radiation can have severe effects on your health, from sunburns, eye damage, skin aging to the big oh-no: skin cancer. That's why it's important to take measures to protect yourself and knowing the current radiation level is the first step to preventing harm.
Going outside? A quick glance at the vibrantly glowing, color coded interface will tell you what level of protection you need.
Please note that there are no correlation between UV index and temperature. So, even the temperature is low, it doesn't mean the UV index is low as well, and vice versa.
= Features =
- Current Local UV Index readings from across the world in a gorgeous interface with animated ambient glows.
- Shows tomorrow's forecasted UV Index (noon)
- Displays advice on how to protect yourself against the current UV Index
- Auto Locate on startup, or manually search a location
- Tap on the orb to refresh the UV Index manually
- Ad Supported, Upgrade to an Ad-Free version with In App Purchase
= Support =
If you have any questions or comments please send us an email at email@example.com. Note that If you leave a support question in the comments we won't be able to write you back, so just shoot us an email instead.
We changed to a new Weather provider that actually works. We are sorry for the downtime.
Ratings and Reviews
Error Loading Data
I experienced the "Error Loading Data" message also and the app wouldn't work for me. But after I rebooted my phone, that error message went away and the app started working.
In terms of the usefulness of the app, I agree with the reviewer who said that the app isn't that helpful because it only gives you the current UV status and doesn't give you the UV forecast for the day. If you're viewing the app at 6am, it doesn't tell you what the UV exposure throughout the day will be, so it really isn't useful with helping you to plan your day.
UPDATE: This app is now completely worthless. It only shows the high number for the day and doesn't give you the current UV index anymore. Save yourself the headache and just use the Weather Channel app to get the current UV index.
Doesn't display current UV conditions
This app used to be great, but now it lists the max UV rating for the day instead of the current rating. It's 1 AM right now and the app says the UV index is 9. Also the app sometime says that the local conditions can't be displayed because I'm not connected to the Internet, even though I am. Once these bugs are fixed, I will update my review with a 5-star rating.
Moving the map
I haven’t had any issues with this app and have used a couple of years.i really like that u can move the map around to neighbouring areas or across the globe.
- 32.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Robocat
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.