Ultraviolet ~ UV Index
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ultraviolet is a beautifully simple UV Index viewer showing you the current UV index for your, or any other, location in the world.
"Happy first day of summer! Educate yourself about UV Index anywhere around the world with Ultraviolet." – @AppStore Twitter
Excessive exposure to Ultraviolet radiation can have severe effects on your health, from sunburns, eye damage, skin aging to the big oh-no: skin cancer. That's why it's important to take measures to protect yourself and knowing the current radiation level is the first step to preventing harm.
Going outside? A quick glance at the vibrantly glowing, color coded interface will tell you what level of protection you need.
Please note that there are no correlation between UV index and temperature. So, even the temperature is low, it doesn't mean the UV index is low as well, and vice versa.
= Features =
- Current Local UV Index readings from across the world in a gorgeous interface with animated ambient glows.
- Shows tomorrow's forecasted UV Index (noon)
- Displays advice on how to protect yourself against the current UV Index
- Auto Locate on startup, or manually search a location
- Tap on the orb to refresh the UV Index manually
- Ad Supported, Upgrade to an Ad-Free version with In App Purchase
= Support =
If you have any questions or comments please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that If you leave a support question in the comments we won't be able to write you back, so just shoot us an email instead.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
We changed to a new Weather provider that actually works. We are sorry for the downtime.
Doesn't display current UV conditions
This app used to be great, but now it lists the max UV rating for the day instead of the current rating. It's 1 AM right now and the app says the UV index is 9. Also the app sometime says that the local conditions can't be displayed because I'm not connected to the Internet, even though I am. Once these bugs are fixed, I will update my review with a 5-star rating.
I'm a natural redhead, which makes it difficult to spend a lot of time outside anyway, never mind the added dangers of high UV index. I love knowing just how I need to dress if I'm going to be outside at all, even if it's deceptively cloudy. Long sleeves FTW.
The app is very easy to set us and read. I like that it gives you the uv index for the current day and the next one and that's it's just right there so easy to see!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 13, 2015
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 20.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: icelantern
- © Robocat
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$1.99