Ultraviolet ~ UV Index
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ultraviolet is a beautifully simple UV Index viewer showing you the current UV index for your, or any other, location in the world.
"Happy first day of summer! Educate yourself about UV Index anywhere around the world with Ultraviolet." – @AppStore Twitter
Excessive exposure to Ultraviolet radiation can have severe effects on your health, from sunburns, eye damage, skin aging to the big oh-no: skin cancer. That's why it's important to take measures to protect yourself and knowing the current radiation level is the first step to preventing harm.
Going outside? A quick glance at the vibrantly glowing, color coded interface will tell you what level of protection you need.
Please note that there are no correlation between UV index and temperature. So, even the temperature is low, it doesn't mean the UV index is low as well, and vice versa.
= Features =
- Current Local UV Index readings from across the world in a gorgeous interface with animated ambient glows.
- Shows tomorrow's forecasted UV Index (noon)
- Displays advice on how to protect yourself against the current UV Index
- Auto Locate on startup, or manually search a location
- Tap on the orb to refresh the UV Index manually
- Ad Supported, Upgrade to an Ad-Free version with In App Purchase
= Support =
If you have any questions or comments please send us an email at email@example.com. Note that If you leave a support question in the comments we won't be able to write you back, so just shoot us an email instead.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
I was diagnosed with a melanoma five years ago. It was fully removed and I have had no problems since. But, I need to be careful about sun exposure. This app helps me know how much in the way of UV rays are present so I can decide on whether to go out, or what kind of protection I need to consider. Otherwise I am faced with a guessing game. And, it finds me no matter where I am.
I just installed the UV index app with ease. I live in an area where the sun is very strong and where knowing the level of the index can be helpful.
The app immediately told me the current index--1--in an easy to read fashion, and also warned me that tomorrow's index would be high--10.
So my first reaction to the app is positive. I doubt that it will change.
Only CURRENT UV ...
If you want to know what the current UV level is or what the high level will be tomorrow then this app is fine. But if you are heading out for the day and want to know if you need light or heavy protection forget it. At 7am it will say 1-Low. This app is not what I was looking for - I would like current as well as forecast. They obviously have access to that data as they show tomorrow's forecast. Why can't they show today's forecast, too?
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 03, 2014
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: icelantern
- © Robocat
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$1.99