By The Soulmen GbR
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
### DESKTOP-CLASS WRITING APP ###
Ulysses for iPhone and iPad is your one-stop writing environment on iOS. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A reliable iCloud sync across all devices and Ulysses for Mac.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns writing on mobile into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for all your devices, be it Mac, iPad or iPhone, and every connected device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
And once you’re finished, export is only a tap away. Ulysses can transform your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, ebooks and Word documents. You can copy as HTML, save to the cloud as Markdown, and even publish a draft to your Medium account. Export is as easy as tapping a format, selecting a style, and chosing a destination. Yes, 1-2-3. No need to leave the app.
### ASSORTED QUOTES ###
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“A powerful but simple text editor for iPad.” – Lifehacker
“It’s the best journal, word processor, writing, distraction free, note taking, zen app I have on my iPad.” – The Brooks Review
### FEATURES ###
iPad & iPhone
- Ulysses runs on all devices, be it iPhone 4s, 6 Plus, iPad Mini or iPad Pro
Focus & Productivity
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Easy swipe navigation
- Markup-based text editor
- Light and dark writing modes
- A wide choice of color palettes
- Writing Goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
- Split View, Slide Over and 3D Touch on supported devices
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Shortcut buttons for comfortable editing
- Option to attach keywords, notes and images
- Search & Replace
- Glueing, Split & Merge
- Spell check, auto correction, dictionary, dictation
- Smart Lists
- Optimized for use with external keyboards
File & Organize
- A single library for all texts
- Groups, intelligent filters, favorites, bookmarks
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Automatic, scheduled backup of your text library
- Import of DOCX, Markdown and text files
- Editing of external text files
- Spotlight integration
- Built-in Share Extension
Export & Processing
- Export as PDF, DOCX, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Publish Story Drafts to Medium
- Live preview, send as email
- Download more styles from the Ulysses Style Exchange
OS X & iOS
- Available for Mac, iPad and iPhone
- Full iCloud synchronization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via email@example.com or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
What's New in Version 2.5.2
- Improves integration with Workflow 1.5
- Adds an X-Callback-URL action for attaching images and keywords to sheets
- Provides result values to all X-Callback-URLs
- Fixes a bug when importing Markdown text via X-Callback actions
- Fixes a bug when copying sheet and group identifiers for X-callback actions
Love love love the new update
Ulysses hits all of the right notes for me. The ideas behind the interface, the simplicity and power are all fantastic.
I think a lot of people who first see this app might mistake it for just another Dropbox markdown writer, but for me, it's another approach to a Scrivener style app. It doesn't have the long feature list that Scrivener does, but it allows me to do the same kinds of things I would want to in Scrivener but in a way that feels easier. It feels like there's no friction between me and getting my writing done. (No disrespect to Scrivener—it's an amazing piece of software.) The concept of sheets, the organization capabilities, the way markup works, the sheet attachments—they all let me do what I need to without getting in the way.
It's a very specific idea about how to write and it's different from an app like Pages so it might not be for everyone, but I love it. I do pretty much all of my writing in it from tech specs for work, to a novel (68,000 words into my first draft 😁).
The iPhone app is fantastic. I like writing in it even more than the iPad version and almost as much as the Desktop version. It's amazing on my 6s+. It could be your only writing app if you needed it to.
Beautiful, Customizable, Indispensable
Ulysses is a joy to work with. The simple interface and clean Markdown syntax encourages instant writing, but the app hides a deceptive amount of tweaking power under the hood. It's easy to organize work into right-sized chunks, and drag and drop parts as needed. Ulysses' organization tools are simple, but I've found its straightforward approach has worked wonderfully in keeping my often large projects in order. Exporting to all the formats I require is seamless, as is automatic backup, and iCloud syncing, and...
If you're a writer that loves to write on the go, or you use your iPad as your main writing platform, I can't recommend Ulysses more highly.
As a longtime user of the Mac version of this app, I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with this iOS version running on both my iPad Pro and iPhone. At first glance, the app looks quite simple, but hidden beneath that simplicity is a great deal of functionality that was clearly the result of meticulous design and development. I particularly love the flexibility in using custom fonts and theme styles. With some basic CSS knowledge, I was able to put together a template that looks exactly like my default MS Word template. Highly recommended!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 24, 2016
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 46.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Soulmen GbR
- © 2016 The Soulmen GbR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.