Ulysses - The Ultimate Writing App
By Ulysses GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
++ Apple Design Award Winner 2016 ++ Best of App Store 2016 ++
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“It’s the best journal, word processor, writing, distraction free, note taking, zen app I have on my iPad.” – The Brooks Review
### DESKTOP-CLASS WRITING APP ###
Ulysses is your one-stop writing environment on iOS. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns writing on mobile into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for all your devices, be it iPad, iPhone or Mac, and every device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and automatic. It neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
And once you’re finished, Ulysses transforms your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, ebooks and Word documents. You can copy as HTML, save as Markdown, and even publish to your WordPress and Medium accounts. Export is as easy as selecting a format, choosing a style, and picking a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
### FEATURES ###
iPad & iPhone
- Ulysses runs on all devices, from iPad Pro to iPhone 4s
Focus & Productivity
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Markup-based text editor
- Typewriter mode
- Fullscreen mode
- Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
- Split View, Slide Over and 3D Touch on supported devices
- Full keyboard navigation with external keyboards
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Simple pasting of images
- Keywords, notes and image attachments
- Search & Replace
- Spell check, auto correction, dictionary, dictation
- Shortcut buttons for comfortable editing with onscreen keyboard
File & Organize
- A single library for all your texts
- Touch ID / password protection
- Groups, filters, favorites, bookmarks
- Glueing, Split & Merge
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Import of DOCX, Markdown and text files
- Editing of external text files stored on Dropbox
- Global search, Spotlight integration
- Built-in Share Extension
- Automatic, scheduled backups
Export & Publishing
- Export as PDF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Publish to WordPress and Medium
iOS & macOS
- Available for iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Full iCloud synchronization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
What's New in Version 2.8.3
This update fixes a few annoying bugs and prepares Ulysses for upcoming iOS releases. Happy writing!
- Fixed editor button row menus not showing up on iPhone
- Fixed crash when dragging text into editor
- Fixed crash when changing sheet content via X-Callback-URLs
- Improved handling of WordPress blogs on HTTP domains
If you’re happy with the app, please rate it, or even leave a review. This is the best way you can support us indie developers. Thanks a lot!
More than satisfied
I’ve gone through more writing software and apps than I can count, including Scrivener, iA Writer, Evernote, MS Word and so, so many more. This is the only one that truly resonated with me. No bells, no whistles. Plain, pure writing—but enough tweaks that I can customize it to fit me perfectly.
I bought the Mac version first and then got this one. I feel like I cheated the developers; this thing should cost more! I’d happily pay more, even if it *is* slightly more expensive than the average iOS app. It’s truly underpriced and worth so, so much more.
Two apps well-bought and I’m extremely satisfied with features, updated, support and overall usage. In fact, I’m using Ulysses to write this review right now!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
This is the best of the best, a model iOS app. Everything on the Mac version in a beautiful, genuine iOS app
My favorite writing app. The only one I really use.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 13, 2017
- Version: 2.8.3
- Size: 91.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Ulysses GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2017 Ulysses GmbH & Co. KG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.