By Ulysses GmbH & Co. KG
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Ulysses is your one-stop writing environment for Mac, iPhone and iPad. Its pleasant, focused writing experience, combined with effective document management, seamless sync, and flexible export, make Ulysses the first choice for writers of all kinds.
++ Apple Design Award Winner 2016 ++ Best of App Store 2015 ++ Best of App Store 2013 ++
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.”
– David Hewson, Bestselling Author (The Killing)
### A Text Production Powerhouse
Ulysses’ markup-based, distraction-free editor lets you focus on your most important task: Write, edit, and write some more. Formatting is kept for later, so you can completely immerse yourself in the text. Ulysses’ uniquely streamlined toolset covers the entire writing process, and its clean and simple interface will boost your productivity. From first to final draft, from prologue to closing chapter – Ulysses keeps you in the flow, so you can get stuff done.
### All Your Texts, All the Time
Everything you’ll ever write is stored in Ulysses’ unified library. You can manage projects of all kinds and sizes, be it novels, diaries or study notes – they are always save, and automatically in sync. And since Ulysses offers feature parity across macOS and iOS, it doesn’t matter where you are or when inspiration hits: All its tools, and all your texts, are always at your fingertips.
### Create eBooks, DOCX, PDFs and HTML
Ulysses’ export is flexible enough to cover any writer’s needs: Transform your text into beautiful PDFs, Word documents or eBooks. Or export HTML code, ready to be used anywhere on the web. You can even choose between a variety of pre-made formatting styles for all kinds of purposes, or create your own and share it with other users.
### Publish to WordPress & Medium
Do you blog? Ulysses’ offers best-in-class WordPress & Medium publishing. You can post to WordPress from right within the app – complete with images, tags, categories etc. Publishing to Medium works just as easy, and both offer a built-in preview to proof-read before submission.
Ulysses requires a subscription. We offer monthly and yearly subscription plans, as well as a special discount for students. There’s also a fully functional 14-day trial, so you can test Ulysses (including export and sync) before you commit.
All plans unlock the app on Mac, iPhone and iPad, and feature full iCloud synchronization.
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
- - - LEGAL - - -
Duration and price of each subscription are displayed in Ulysses’ storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited as soon as a subscription is purchased. Student subscriptions automatically terminate after their duration, as shown in Ulysses’ storefront at the time of purchase.
What's New in Version 12
Fully Optimized for iOS 11
- Revamped interface to fit iOS 11 look & feel
- Support for Drag and Drop throughout the app
- Support for Drag and Drop into and out of Ulysses
- Updated the way Ulysses behaves in various split view scenarios on iPad
- Added sheet list swipe actions for keywords and favorites
Drag and Drop
- Reorder sheets
- Move sheets between groups
- Drop images and text into the editor
- Move text around the editor
- Drag text from Ulysses to Pages etc.
- Drag links from Safari into Ulysses
- And. So. On.
- All sections are now available in the library
- Quickly switch between iCloud, On My iPhone/iPad and Dropbox
- Sections can be collapsed and/or hidden
- Focus on single/nested groups in the library
Reworked interaction between all views on iPad
- You can now keep attachments open while writing in the editor
- You can now keep the sheet list open while writing in the editor
- You can now keep both the library and sheet list open while writing on iPad Pro 12.9"
- Added support for inline image previews in editor
- Added shortcuts to move lines up or down (currently requires external keyboard, sorry)
- Added ability to filter sheets for “any keyword” or “no keyword”
- Login passwords for WordPress can now be auto-filled from the system keychain
- Marked tags are now correctly exported to HTML or ePub
- VoiceOver: Added custom accessibility rotor to navigate between headings and misspelled words
- Fixed bugs and improved overall stability of the app
Best Writing App: Worth the Subscription
I see a lot of people complaining about the price of the subscription model. Well, the developers need to make money to support keeping this app relevant. And since this app is the best writing app out there, I support them in this.
Now that this app has drag-n-drop support, this is the best writing app out there. The file managment and syncing is top-notch. The interface is great. I’ve done ten times as much writing on this app as I’ve done on all other softwares combined. Everything that this app has is conducive to the writing lifestyle.
Anyone who isn’t willing to put five dollars a month into such an effective writing program probably isn’t that serious of a writer.
Still a great program
One thing I don’t understand is how you say on your upgrade page: for ages 4+ and up. This not a toy or a game, it take reasoning and at least be able to read and write, what gives!!
Also on your upgrade page where it has these colored boxes with instructions or examples of the new release, when you select it goes through at least 30 examples in about 8 seconds. Who is the (I want say something real nasty here but I won’t) person that designed this catastrophe? Sometimes I don’t think things are thought through, does anybody check your pages before releasing it.
Upgrade — Success
Not going to run through the merits of an markup app. Don't know them. You'll join me when I downloaded ByWord another markup app... Initial reaction was what the blankety blank is this. Years later, Ulysses is a good choice for what I want to do. Their subscription model seems equitable.
After thought ... the transition to subscription pricing was shoddy. Initially users were urged to sign up for 50% off only available for a limited time. Do that and and you loose the free year if you already bought iPad and Mac apps. On their site they advise contact Apple for your money back.
The so called 50% off was not on the yearly subscription cost.
OTH the newest version on iOS 11 has several enhancements I appreciate. Being able to have the edit and note windows at the same time adds to the versatility.
Added in November — They sent an useful email course on using Ulysses, NaNoWriMo focus. But useful for all users....
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 19, 2017
- Version: 12
- Size: 103 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Ulysses GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2017 Ulysses GmbH & Co. KG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription$29.99
- Monthly Subscription$4.99
- Annual Subscription$39.99
- Six Months$10.99
- Annual Subscription$29.99
- Annual Subscription$33.99