By The Soulmen GbR
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
++ Apple Design Award Winner 2016 ++ Best of App Store 2016 ++
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“It’s the best journal, word processor, writing, distraction free, note taking, zen app I have on my iPad.” – The Brooks Review
### DESKTOP-CLASS WRITING APP ###
Ulysses is your one-stop writing environment on iOS. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns writing on mobile into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for all your devices, be it iPad, iPhone or Mac, and every device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and automatic. It neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
And once you’re finished, Ulysses transforms your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, ebooks and Word documents. You can copy as HTML, save as Markdown, and even publish to your WordPress and Medium accounts. Export is as easy as selecting a format, choosing a style, and picking a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
### FEATURES ###
iPad & iPhone
- Ulysses runs on all devices, from iPad Pro to iPhone 4s
Focus & Productivity
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Markup-based text editor
- Typewriter mode
- Fullscreen mode
- Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
- Split View, Slide Over and 3D Touch on supported devices
- Full keyboard navigation with external keyboards
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Simple pasting of images
- Keywords, notes and image attachments
- Search & Replace
- Spell check, auto correction, dictionary, dictation
- Shortcut buttons for comfortable editing with onscreen keyboard
File & Organize
- A single library for all your texts
- Groups, filters, favorites, bookmarks
- Glueing, Split & Merge
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Import of DOCX, Markdown and text files
- Editing of external text files stored on Dropbox
- Global search, Spotlight integration
- Built-in Share Extension
- Automatic, scheduled backups
Export & Publishing
- Export as PDF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Publish to WordPress and Medium
iOS & macOS
- Available for iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Full iCloud synchronization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via email@example.com or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
What's New in Version 2.7.2
This update fixes an issue that causes Ulysses to crash when trashing/restoring sheets. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.
Changes from Ulysses 2.7.1:
This update addresses a performance issue during application launch, and fixes the usual bunch of crashes and hangs. Notable changes include:
- WordPress gains a new preview theme.
- Evernote import is more stable.
- Improved Dropbox login on iPad.
- Fixed some crashes during startup.
If you’re happy with the app, please rate it, or even leave a review. This is the best way you can support us indie developers. Thanks a lot!
This is the one you should get
If you're reading this review, you're probably hesitating on buying yet another Markdown editor, or you're new to the concept. Either way, apps like Byword, iA Writer, etc might have, or can fail you simply because they don't have enough customization that can make the format better to work with while Ulysses does. To newcomers, I suggest a theme called No Tags that will make it read more like rich-text, and to others coming from other apps I say check out Greyhound, ToMASTER, and Prose Writer.
The other thing I personally like about Ulysses is that they make the basic Markdown experience better by adding management tools like groups, filtering, and export options, and aren't trying to make it behave more like a rich-text editor like so many other applications now.
They have great customer support too.
Ulysses is amazing! Tables needed.
Let me start off by saying that Ulysses is my go-to for note taking. Being a college student, it's a much better and easier way to write notes compared to the tons of other products students use, especially Microsoft Word. I can do almost everything I need to and use markdown format to easily keep my notes organized.
One thing that is really needed in this app is the ability to create tables. Tables are too important to leave out of a strong note taking app. It becomes a hassle in note taking when my professor shows a table of information on the board, and I have no way to copy down the same information. Please add tables!
Phenomenal. Best writing app I've ever used.
Clean, powerful, and really smart, Ulysses makes it so much easier to write my novel, design a web course, and organize my editorial work. The three-pane library system, tag system, just-enough customization, smart tags, style sheets, amazing implementation of markdown, and countless other details make this a huge boon to productivity and a joy to use. It has everything you need, but mostly gets out of your way. Soulmen's support is also phenomenal.
Give it a try. Once you use their system for a couple days, you'll never want to go back.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 21, 2016
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 91.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Soulmen GbR
- © 2016 The Soulmen GbR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.