By Ulysses GmbH & Co. KG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
++ Apple Design Award Winner 2016 ++ Best of App Store 2016 ++
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“It’s the best journal, word processor, writing, distraction free, note taking, zen app I have on my iPad.” – The Brooks Review
### DESKTOP-CLASS WRITING APP ###
Ulysses is your one-stop writing environment on iOS. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns writing on mobile into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for all your devices, be it iPad, iPhone or Mac, and every device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and automatic. It neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
And once you’re finished, Ulysses transforms your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, ebooks and Word documents. You can copy as HTML, save as Markdown, and even publish to your WordPress and Medium accounts. Export is as easy as selecting a format, choosing a style, and picking a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
### FEATURES ###
iPad & iPhone
- Ulysses runs on all devices, from iPad Pro to iPhone 4s
Focus & Productivity
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Markup-based text editor
- Typewriter mode
- Fullscreen mode
- Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
- Split View, Slide Over and 3D Touch on supported devices
- Full keyboard navigation with external keyboards
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Simple pasting of images
- Keywords, notes and image attachments
- Search & Replace
- Spell check, auto correction, dictionary, dictation
- Shortcut buttons for comfortable editing with onscreen keyboard
File & Organize
- A single library for all your texts
- Touch ID / password protection
- Groups, filters, favorites, bookmarks
- Glueing, Split & Merge
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Import of DOCX, Markdown and text files
- Editing of external text files stored on Dropbox
- Global search, Spotlight integration
- Built-in Share Extension
- Automatic, scheduled backups
Export & Publishing
- Export as PDF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Publish to WordPress and Medium
iOS & macOS
- Available for iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Full iCloud synchronization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
What's New in Version 2.8.2
We’ve taken the time to dive into some of the more complex issues and are happy to report stability improvements throughout the app. Happy writing!
- Re-added missing WordPress group icon.
- Improved compatibility of X-Callback-URLs with Editorial.
- Fixed a number of crashes (thanks for your reports!).
If you’re happy with the app, please rate it, or even leave a review. This is the best way you can support us indie developers. Thanks a lot!
Phenomenal. Best writing app I've ever used.
Clean, powerful, and really smart, Ulysses makes it so much easier to write my novel, design a web course, and organize my editorial work. The three-pane library system, tag system, just-enough customization, smart tags, style sheets, amazing implementation of markdown, and countless other details make this a huge boon to productivity and a joy to use. It has everything you need, but mostly gets out of your way. The iPad and iPhone implementation are amazingly thoughtful, and just as good as the Maf version. Soulmen's support is also phenomenal. I've reporter several bugs, made feature requests, and asked them how to do certain things, and they always get back to me quickly. I cannot imagine going back to Word, Scrivener, or the other markdown editors I've tried.
Fantastic App for Focused Writing
I usually don't give reviews of apps, I usually don't care enough about an app to take the time, but Ulysses has been a different app for me.
I've tried many different word processors, and note taking apps. I use MS Office extensively at work, and I've used Evernote, OneNote, Apple's Notes, and myriad others. Sometimes I just try notes apps just to see if they're anything special.
Ulysses is the first writing app that I've tried that I really feel actually IS special. It's minimalist, get-out-of-your-way writing, which is exactly what I needed. I didn't want buckets of formatting options, and bells and whistles. I wanted a simple way to keep track of all of my notes, stories, poems, ideas; and when I was ready to write, all of that note hierarchy stuff would get out of my way and all I would see is a blank, white screen.
It's beatiful really. Too many apps are too busy, trying to be "multitasking" apps, which is good for some tasks, but for creative writing and focusing it's not so great.
Ulysses leaves all that behind and eliminates many of the distractions that would keep me from writing and allows me to just write.
Keep up the good guys. I love your app!
Best in Class
There's a lot of text editors out there but this one really is way more. It's hub for all of your words, whether for personal use or for work or both. It can be as simple or as powerful as you need it to be. Even better, it's not abandonware. The team has been at it for many years and they are constantly improving the experience. Don't balk at the price. It's worth the premium. The addition of multiple sync locations is terrific. Hopefully they will bring some of the iCloud features to Dropbox as well.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 26, 2017
- Version: 2.8.2
- Size: 97.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Ulysses GmbH & Co. KG
- © 2016 The Soulmen GbR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.