By The Soulmen GbR
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
++ Apple Design Award Winner 2016 ++
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“It’s the best journal, word processor, writing, distraction free, note taking, zen app I have on my iPad.” – The Brooks Review
### DESKTOP-CLASS WRITING APP ###
Ulysses is your one-stop writing environment on iOS. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns writing on mobile into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for all your devices, be it iPad, iPhone or Mac, and every device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and automatic. It neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
And once you’re finished, Ulysses transforms your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, ebooks and Word documents. You can copy as HTML, save as Markdown, and even publish to your WordPress and Medium accounts. Export is as easy as selecting a format, choosing a style, and picking a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
### FEATURES ###
iPad & iPhone
- Ulysses runs on all devices, from iPad Pro to iPhone 4s
Focus & Productivity
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Markup-based text editor
- Typewriter mode
- Fullscreen mode
- Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
- Split View, Slide Over and 3D Touch on supported devices
- Full keyboard navigation with external keyboards
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Simple pasting of images
- Keywords, notes and image attachments
- Search & Replace
- Spell check, auto correction, dictionary, dictation
- Shortcut buttons for comfortable editing with onscreen keyboard
File & Organize
- A single library for all your texts
- Groups, filters, favorites, bookmarks
- Glueing, Split & Merge
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Import of DOCX, Markdown and text files
- Editing of external text files stored on Dropbox
- Global search, Spotlight integration
- Built-in Share Extension
- Automatic, scheduled backups
Export & Publishing
- Export as PDF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Publish to WordPress and Medium
iOS & macOS
- Available for iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Full iCloud synchronization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
What's New in Version 2.6
## The Long Overdue Update
### WordPress Publishing
- Added publishing to WordPress.com and self-hosted blogs
- Publish as Markdown or HTML
- Offers post or draft, schedule, or immediate publish
- Includes excerpt, feature image, post type, slug and title link options
- Can auto-fill categories and tags based on keywords
- Can auto-fill excerpt and feature image based on note and image attachments
- Customizable preview using standard CSS
### Dropbox Syncing
- You can now add Dropbox folders to your Library (similar to External Folders on Ulysses for Mac)
- Syncs sheets, filters, icons, group goals, sorting, and favorites
- Automatic background sync, so no need to press a “Sync” button
- Sync folders from multiple Dropbox accounts at once
- Share to Dropbox using Share Extension
- Ulysses is now fully accessible: Utilize the whole app using VoiceOver
### Quick Open
- Quickly search your whole library
- Search for text, keywords, and group names
### Typewriter Mode
- Keeps editor vertically fixed (like it does on Mac since 2003, sorry for the delay)
- Option to mark current line
- Option to highlight line, sentence or paragraph (aka Focus Mode)
### Updates & Fixes
- Allow pasting images directly into editor
- Added option to duplicate groups and filters
- External sheets can now be filtered by their filename
- Allow selection of sheets using external keyboard if selection is empty
- Disabled auto-capitalization when using external keyboard
- Improved handling of X-Callback URLs
- Improved introduction, added section on Markdown XL
- Allow hiding introduction
- Reworked library view sections
- Reworked fonts section in editor settings
- Split iOS preferences into general settings and editor settings
- Can now import CSS files as HTML export style
- Updated some PDF/DOCX export styles
- PDF export: Reset page numbers after section breaks
- Re-added a simplified RTF exporter
- Glued sheets are again exported together
- Read fenced code blocks as Raw Source in external folders
- Fixed look of alerts in dark mode
- Improved legibility of filename tag in dark mode
- Fixed crash when editing keywords of an already broken sheet
- Back buttons are not broken anymore when rotating on an iPhone 6 plus
If you're happy with the app, please rate it, or even leave a review. This is the best way you can support us indie developers. Thanks a lot!
Ulysses is excellent!
I have tried so many writing apps. I write thousands of words every day, using my iPad exclusively, and I need a great word-processing app, as well as a great distractionless writing space, and a great note-keeping app. This one is perfect for all three. I use it for long pieces, for notes and snippets of ideas I want to save for later, for comments and posts on social sites and blogs, for journaling, and for saving interesting links that I might reference in my work.
It syncs perfectly with my iPhone, so I can work on the go. The ability to download themes is great. I love using the "Private Dancer" theme for writing in public, no one can read over my shoulder. It works reliably and I have never lost any writing to crashes or sync failures. Highly recommended.
Best Writing App on the Market
It flawlessly connects and let you organize and work on your phone, tablet, and Mac. Yes, you have to buy it for iOS devices and for the Mac, but it will likely become your "go to" app for everything related to writing and note taking. It replaced 4 other apps for me, and I use it for everything - professional freelance writing, note taking in classes, even my grocery list!
Support is amazing and responsive, this has turned into "the killer app" for me.
A flawless writing environment
The Soulmen (developers of Ulysses) have gained our trust. They've taken an amazing writing environment and made it better with every update. Tech support is prompt. They listen to customer requests.
The most recent update builds off impressive iCloud syncing and Medium publishing and adds even more ways to publish. Line, sentence, or paragraph highlighting has already become an indispensable feature.
Thank you, devs. Your work is appreciated.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 03, 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 79.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Soulmen GbR
- © 2016 The Soulmen GbR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.