By The Soulmen GbR
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
++ Apple Design Award Winner 2016 ++ Best of App Store 2016 ++
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“It’s the best journal, word processor, writing, distraction free, note taking, zen app I have on my iPad.” – The Brooks Review
### DESKTOP-CLASS WRITING APP ###
Ulysses is your one-stop writing environment on iOS. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns writing on mobile into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for all your devices, be it iPad, iPhone or Mac, and every device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and automatic. It neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
And once you’re finished, Ulysses transforms your text into beautiful PDFs, web pages, ebooks and Word documents. You can copy as HTML, save as Markdown, and even publish to your WordPress and Medium accounts. Export is as easy as selecting a format, choosing a style, and picking a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
### FEATURES ###
iPad & iPhone
- Ulysses runs on all devices, from iPad Pro to iPhone 4s
Focus & Productivity
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Markup-based text editor
- Typewriter mode
- Fullscreen mode
- Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
- Split View, Slide Over and 3D Touch on supported devices
- Full keyboard navigation with external keyboards
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Simple pasting of images
- Keywords, notes and image attachments
- Search & Replace
- Spell check, auto correction, dictionary, dictation
- Shortcut buttons for comfortable editing with onscreen keyboard
File & Organize
- A single library for all your texts
- Touch ID / password protection
- Groups, filters, favorites, bookmarks
- Glueing, Split & Merge
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Import of DOCX, Markdown and text files
- Editing of external text files stored on Dropbox
- Global search, Spotlight integration
- Built-in Share Extension
- Automatic, scheduled backups
Export & Publishing
- Export as PDF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Publish to WordPress and Medium
iOS & macOS
- Available for iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Full iCloud synchronization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via email@example.com or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
What's New in Version 2.8.1
This update fixes a few minor and not so minor issues that appeared in the previous version. Thank you all for your feedback, and please keep it coming!
Changes from Ulysses 2.8:
The Touch ID update – hide your texts from prying eyes and unlock Ulysses with your fingerprint. Plus: New filter options, more icons, and fixes, fixes, fixes.
- Added application lock using Touch ID or password
- Added statistics for groups and filters
- Added keyword and text negation to filters
- Added new group icons
- Added new X-Callback-URL actions (e.g. “set-group-title” or “read-sheet”)
- New actions allow better integration with Workflow app
- Improved handling of conflicting changes in Dropbox
- Improved performance of Dropbox syncing
- Fixed issue when trying to publish to WordPress with lots of images
- Hide “Publishing Post…” modal dialog after publishing to WordPress completed
- Fixed keyboard issue when trying to share text from Ulysses
- Allow auto-capitalization when using external keyboards
- Removed unnecessary characters and tags when importing ENEX files
- Fixed crash when removing links or footnotes
- Fixed crash when trying to import sheets
- Fixed crash in Share Extension when trying to share images to Dropbox folders
- Fixed crashes when using X-Callback-URLs
- Fixed crash when syncing large Dropbox folders
If you’re happy with the app, please rate it, or even leave a review. This is the best way you can support us indie developers. Thanks a lot!
Stands out from the crowd
(1) Features rarely or never found elsewhere. Like an amazing search function. Search all "sheets" (Ulysses term for files or documents), or within a sheet. Move easily among each of the matches. Also, change the line spacing and other parameters when working on-screen. Lots more. Keep track of word count. etc etc.
(2) Can handle very large files. Can concatenate many sheets into one document and publish it. It is truly possible to write a book on an iPhone with this app.
(3) So I live on this app. Spend hours with it. Then a new update made it crash sometimes unexpectedly. Within a few days, they had an update. It happens. So maybe I should ding the app a star or two? No. They fixed the crashing. Fixed it promptly. In my opinion, that makes them even more deserving of loyalty. They stand by their app. And I anticipate more updates with even cooler features in the future.
Best in Class
There's a lot of text editors out there but this one really is way more. It's hub for all of your words, whether for personal use or for work or both. It can be as simple or as powerful as you need it to be. Even better, it's not abandonware. The team has been at it for many years and they are constantly improving the experience. Don't balk at the price. It's worth the premium. The addition of multiple sync locations is terrific. Hopefully they will bring some of the iCloud features to Dropbox as well.
Everything you need. Solid update
Ulysses provides everything you could want. It really is a total writing environment. if you want something for taking quick notes, I suggest a different app however.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 08, 2017
- Version: 2.8.1
- Size: 97.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Soulmen GbR
- © 2016 The Soulmen GbR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.