By Jose Duenas
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
uMagic for the iPad is finally here! uMagicHD is the ideal Magic: the Gathering reference app for both beginners and pros. It's perfect for quickly looking up cards, rulings, and live prices.
* iOS 7 Look and Feel -- built from the ground up to take advantage of iOS 7's new features and aesthetics
* High performance card look ups and unparalleled filtering capabilities. Multiple search layouts supported.
* Beautiful and useful card detail pages
* Up to date prices from TCG Player -- price your decks and look up card prices
* Play test your decks. Scrying supported!
* Deck stats available
* Collection Management
* Export to Dropbox or Email. Editable import format for easy collection management.
* Import of DEC files supported
* Live updates. No more having to wait for a new app version to get the latest sets!
* Full landscape and portrait support
* Quick look support
What's New in Version 1.0.2
* Fix issues with iOS 8
* Added Magic 2015 and Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning
Beautiful deck building and collection tracking app
The screenshots attracted me to this app. I love the way the artwork is displayed in the background and the layout is fantastic. The attention to detail is excellent. By far, this is best looking app of its kind I've come across. As for usability, I find it offers quite a lot though I would like to request three things:
1. As a beginning Magic player, there were some things I didn't understand and there is no guide to explain these things for you. Some simple help text that could be toggled on and off might be nice.
2. My biggest suggestion would be to include a filter option in the deck building section to only show cards in a particular collection. I'd like to easily look thought my existing collection to build a new deck rather than search the entire catalog of Magic cards.
3. It would be very nice if in the deck building section creature strength was indicated on the full list view in addition to the mana cost that is currently displayed. That way determining what to add or subtract from a deck would be a great deal easier.
Awesome but needs to be updated
I really enjoy this app and the fact that I am able to have a database of my entire collection. The thing is the app doesn't seem to be updated. There are no cards from the set Battle of Zendikar. The images of the cards is not updated either. This needs to be fixed and fixed soon or I will be getting rid of it.
I love the concept, but not the execution.
I find this app extremely useful in three situations:
deck building, collection organizing, and making card wishlists.
I can both look over the cards I already have and browse for
Ones that I don't.
As others have said, the main problem with this app is the
Lack of updates for newer Magic sets. There are many cards
That I have bought recently that can't be added to my in-app
Also, there is some lag in the change of card images when
you scroll down the screen.