Unbound HD for Dropbox
By Pixite LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Try out the app that Cult of Mac says is the “Best Dropbox Browsing App!" Blazing fast, simple to use, and chock-full of features. It’s the ultimate viewing experience for your Dropbox photos. Get Unbound.
• View your photos and videos in full resolution even when you're offline
• Flatten your folder structure so you can easily view all your albums
• Stream your photos to Apple TV from your iPhone using AirPlay
• Keep your photos private by using the passcode feature
• Sync the photos and videos in your Camera Roll in the background
• Quickly upload photos in batches to your Dropbox account
• Choose from various image size options
• Create new albums
• Move and delete your photos
• Quickly download and save photos to your iPhone
• Directly export photos to other popular apps like Color Splash and PhotoToaster
• Email your photos to your friends and family
• Auto-updating slideshows with music
• Share your photos using AirPlay or the VGA/Digital AV adapter
• Print your photos using AirPrint or at Walgreens
If you own an iPad, check out the ultimate Dropbox photo app for the iPhone – Unbound for Dropbox.
What's New in Version 1.2.4
Fix for missing settings icon
Not up to Pixite, LLC. High Standards 😟
14 May 2015
Normally I rave about Pixite photo apps to all of my iPad toting friends; but, not in the case for Unbound. Here are my pros and cons related to the app.
1. It has a much better user interface presentation than Dropbox does for creating folders and the images that they contain.
2. It is simple to setup to your Dropbox photo area
3. It allows for renaming of photos
4. It allows for changing of photo metadata
1. Dreadfully slow at moving photos from one folder to another.
2. Prone to locking up during the moving of photos from one folder to another. (I do not recommend selecting more than 10 photos at a time)
3. You must force the shutdown of the app when it locks up during file transfers and restart it again with the transfers that did not occur.
4. It is limited to only Dropbox and no other cloud providers.
All in all, the app is a great idea ; but, lackluster in its performance and behavior. This app has been in the App Store for over a year now, and updates should have been made to improve performance and behavior. To date, this has not happened and I cannot say that the app meets the normal high bar that Pixite sets for itself with it's other photo apps.
I would not recommend that app at this time.
Pixite does great apps and Unbound is awesome!
I like both the Pixite app Unbound for the Dropbox photos and a similar app for Web Albums / Picasa. One could well argue that Pixit should write one app to display ALL photos from a number of resources, like DB, Picasa, Google+, etc. I like the options for dark background for viewing, the slideshows with musics, displaying captions, etc.
Sure, the native DB app can view images but not as fast as Unbound and not as immersive as Unbound. It has a Passcode - yay! It can start from a chosen folder - yay! It can delete albums, Hide albums, and Add Captions - Awesome!
The best for Dropbox Slideshows
I have an old iPad I wanted to hang in the kitchen and use for slideshows. Unbound is the only app that hit all the buttons - multiple selectable directories, shuffle mode, cloud access. I tried all the others and none come near Unbound in capability and reliability. Google+ is particularly and astoundingly bad. It's a lot of fun at parties - I have an eyefi in my camera and send the photos to Dropbox where they automagically show up on the iPad slide show. If they added Chromecast to the feature set I would give it a fifth star.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 20, 2015
- Version: 1.2.4
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Pixite LLC
- © 2015 Pixite LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.