By Underscore AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Life is an application to experiment with the wonderfully entertaining Conway's Game of Life.
The Game of Life is a deceptively simple game published by the British mathematician John Horton Conway in 1970.
Just drag your fingers over the screen to start and guide the Game of Life on your screen as the pattern evolves. Completely configurable including algorithm, color schemes, speed, size and several other parameters for presentation.
• Supports multitouch to create and guide the algorithm.
• Many predefined alternative algorithms and also complete freedom to configure any algorithm giving over 200 000 different combinations.
• Pause, resume, save and restore special life patterns.
• Change speed and size of generations.
• Support 8-way, 6-way or 4-way connections for algorithms.
• Customize color palette with several predefined themes and a custom color picker.
• Touch brush editor with many predefined well known predefined patterns.
• Highly optimized and can handle cell size down to 1 pixel very well.
• Unified binary support for iPad & iPhone devices.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Fixed to work on retina display. Also improved performance on newer devices.
Good app, needs update
I have enjoyed this app for a long time. Faithful reproduction of Conway's Life and other derivatives. Very relaxing. I use it to fall asleep. Some problems with the latest IOS a release. Please debug! Cannot reset the board and pop up window is blank.
Though this app is for a very specific audience, they did a perfect job.
Works fine on my fourth generation iPod touch but fails to do anything when on my iPhone six plus. It crashes when you try to do anything.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 24, 2010
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Underscore AB
- © 2010 Underscore AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.