Unfolder is a 3D model unfolding tool to help you create papercraft easily and quickly.
1. Create a 3D model in any 3D editor
2. Unfold the 3D model into a 2D template in Unfolder
3. Print the template out to make your papercraft by cutting, folding and gluing
Importing and Exporting
• Import 3D objects in OBJ format
• Sync 3D objects with Blender and Cinema 4D in one click
• Partially update the imported objects
• Supports materials and textures
• Export templates in PDF, DXF, SVG, or PNG format
• Generate 2D patches for your 3D models in a few seconds
• The algorithm is highly optimized for papercraft to minimize your effort in further editing
• Move, rotate, align, and distribute patches
• Split and joint patches easily by clicking the edges in 2D view or 3D view
• Generate paper-saving layout automatically
• Highlight overlapping or overflowing patches
• Adjust the size of your papercraft by typing the dimensions you want
• Switch, add or remove flaps easily by clicking the flaps or edges in 2D view
• Reshape flaps by dragging the handles intuitively or typing the angles and height precisely
• Copy and paste the shape of flaps
• Automatically detect and fix the flap problems, such as overlap and overflow
• Display the flap target (the area where a flap should be glued to)
• Customize the color, thickness, and pattern of lines
• Individually control the appearance of the cut line, mountain-fold line, and valley-fold line
• Hide unnecessary lines manually or automatically
Unfolder is ONLY compatible with:
• iMac Pro models
• iMac models from 2012 or later
• MacBook models from 2015 or later
• MacBook Pro models from 2012 or later
• MacBook Air models from 2012 or later
• Mac mini models from 2012 or later
• Mac Pro models from late 2013
• Allow to add joint IDs on the edges that need to be glued together
• Allow to assign the color of flaps
• Improved the UI
• Fixed some minor bugs
Ratings and Reviews
A genius created this.
I was looking around for any kind of an app that could help me in creating my set design props for our church’s VBS. I like to create 3D models and transform them into large cardboard props and sets. This app is genius, and as far as I can tell, one of a kind. I am not saying it could not use some improvement, but for what I have been able to do with it so far this past week, I would say it is invaluable to anyone involved with paper craft.
I would love to have the ability to interactively shorten or lengthen a tab, rather than having to rely on the global control.
Some sort of optional numbering system would be useful to help align tabs, preferrably one that prints the numbers on the tabs.
It would be nice to have the option to delete unwanted or unneeded patches. In the model I am currently working with, there are dozens of tiny pieces that seem to just be loose edges from the model that I did not see when manipulating it in Blender. I did not create the model I am manipulating, so it is not surprising to me to find artifacts. I would like to be able to remove them from the Unfolder file.
I would like to be able to stitch closed edges that are very, very close and really do not require cutting.
Good job! looking forward to the next version.
Nice UI and clean results
So far I've been very happy with how well this handles and breaks apart the models I've fed it. While I hope development will continue, it's pretty solid as is. Exports in a format the translates pretty easily for printing or laser cutting. Definitely happy to have a Mac dedicated tool for this sort of papercraft.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.