Unicode Character Map FREE
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Select and copy characters from your iPhone and iPad to all your applications!
This app shows you all the characters from the Unicode character set that are supported by iPhone and iPad. It excludes all those that routinely appear as little boxes on these devices.
Simply tap the character to copy it to the clipboard.
This app makes it so easy to send emoticons, stars, hearts, music notes and other symbols in text messages and emails.
- see only those characters supported by iPhone and iPad
- easily find characters from other alphabets including Greek, Cyrillic, Gujarati, Arabic, Hebrew and Braille
- search for a particular character using its individual name (eg, theta, check)
- or browse the name of the block (eg, dingbats, number forms, arrows)
- easy-to-browse and well-presented character list - simply scroll down!
- select one character to copy, or build an infinite string, using the options
- save frequently used characters to the favourites bar
Use the ad-supported version free of charge or buy the ad-free version today!
What's New in Version 2
• More characters - now supporting 11,530 characters, manually curated from Unicode 6.3 against iOS 7.1
• Block are now sortable - i.e. move pictographs to the top
• New Blocks List shows preview characters and code ranges
• Now search using names from earlier unicode versions
• iCloud settings - favourites and block order are saved across all your devices.
• Full iOS 7 and Retina support, including new icon, popups and full interface overhaul
• Better data curation and management - This means more reliable and quicker updates for everyone!
• Improved button user interface
Works, but prepare to search
Needed symbol for micro gram and found it. You click what you want and a notice appears (and disappears within a second) saying it was copied. Return to your document and paste where desired... done.
There are many symbols all arraigned in the Windows Character Map format, but prepare to do some serious manual searching. Unlike The windows PC version I also didn't see a way to string characters together before copying. If I figure this out, it is added with a future update, or the search becomes easier, I will update my review.
Borderline 3 stars (met expectations), but I bumped it to a 4 (slightly exceeds expectations) due to it working quickly and without being bogged down by ads.
🚽 💩 It's crap
Waist of time
Although it does have the character map, the App redirects every 20 seconds by first opening the developer's web site in Safari, after which it immediately opens the App Store page of its pay version of this app. Closing the App Store and Safari doesn't help, as it just reopens them, switching screens and taking you along for the ride.
All the Characters You Want But Were Afraid to Ask
I love (yes ♡❤) this app & want to sing ♩♩♪♫♬ its praises❣! It allows u² enter symbols ℅ a finger tap. Takes some ⏳ getting used to, but is worth it. ℀cess
🇦lphanumerics on your mobile device‼
№ ① use the menu! It's got handy shortcuts to the groups you want.
№ ⚁ make keyboard shortcuts for favorites.
№ ⅲ. ℱree version doesn't cost a ¢. ads exist, but you don't have to follow them.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 08, 2014
- Version: 2
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Ben Robinson
- © ben-robinson.ciom
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.