Unifyre uses crowd action as a new way to create group experiences, anything from a fun gathering to a national movement. Crowd action is like crowdfunding but for real-world action and it uses 2 key crowd behaviors: Threshold Commitment and Checking-In.
Let's say you'd like to create a flash mob on your college campus, but you need at least 20 people to make it happen. Through Unifyre, you could create a crowd action by specifying the date/time, location and a minimum threshold of 20.
You would share this link with your networks and people could make a threshold commitment. This means they commit to showing up IF 20 other people also commit. Once the threshold is reached, everyone is notified that the crowd action is happening. Anyone who commits is required to post a check-in afterward with a photo or their location demonstrating that they followed-through. This check-in is posted on their public profile to create accountability in the system.
Crowd action can work for a wide variety of group experiences. Here are just a few:
1) Gatherings - "Party at my place tonight if 15 people are available. Who's around?"
2) Memes - "Let's get 1,000 people to do the ice bucket challenge! Who's in?"
3) Political - “Let’s get 10,000 people to write letters to the congressman demanding campaign finance reform”
4) Community Service - “Dolores Park is insanely littered! If 40 people commit to cleaning it from 10a-1p this Saturday, it’ll be in good shape”
Includes Recurring Fyres (Fyres that repeat), Bonfyres (A collection of Fyres that are pooled together), New Check-in Design for Fyre Events, Bug Fixes
- Unifyre PBC
- 69.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Unifyre PBC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.