UNIQLO WAKE UP
By UNIQLO CO., LTD.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UNIQLO WAKE UP is an innovative new social alarm app that aims to make waking up every day an enjoyable experience. The alarm music, which is automatically created based on the weather, time, and day of the week, was co-written by 51st annual Grammy nominee Cornelius (Keigo Oyamada) and Yoko Kanno, who is active in songwriting across a wide range of genres including video games and anime (COWBOY BEBOP, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Macross). The app allows users to share a record of their awakening – specifically, the time, weather, and temperature at the moment they stopped the alarm – via social media (Facebook, Twitter, RenRen, Weibo). In addition, the “wake up records” shared by users around the world are displayed in a part of the app entitled WORLD WAKE UP.
• Users can set an alarm.
• Users either select their location from a pull-down menu or allow the app to find their location using GPS. The app then displays the current weather and temperature.
• The alarm music changes according to the weather and reads out the time, day of the week, and the weather.
• The alarm music vocals are available in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Users can share the time, weather, and temperature of when they wake up on Facebook, Twitter, RenRen, and Weibo.
• The information users share is displayed in the WORLD WAKE UP part of the app.
• The app background changes according to the day of the week.
What's New in Version 1.0.7
* Optimized for iOS7.
Best Alarm Ever
I'm in love with this app. It's cute, simple, and easy to use. For some reason, the globe icon won't work for me anymore, and shuts down the app automatically. Other than that, (it's not really needed for the alarm but it's nice to hear the lovely music by Yoko Kanno). Please fix the bug in the app that prevents users from clicking the globe. This app is a miracle; with so many different cities, it tells you the weather of your specific area via gps and to have a good morning in a soothing voice, along with music that changes with the temperature outside. ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ thanks so much, uniqlo! Looking forward to your fixes and other apps! Really suggest this one~
There is potential, but could be improved
I really enjoy the app. The design language of Uniqlo always appeals to me, and the collaboration of two of my favorite japanese audiosmiths, Yoko Kanno and Cornelius, instant heaven.
That being said, it is a pain to have to keep the app open. Since the app has to be on, you are disturbed by notifications all night long. Also, leaving the app running drains a lot of battery power. If the app was retooled where it ran in the background, this would be my go to alarm.
I would definitely use this as my go to alarm clock, but there are a couple of minor issues that should be fixed first. First of all, it would be nice to not have the application running all night. Secondly, this application should give an option for a volume boost. I personally need a noticeably louder alarm than this application provides. This application has great potential in my eyes. I can't wait for an update!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 07, 2013
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: UNIQLO CO., LTD.
- © UNIQLO CO., LTD.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.