United is pleased to offer the United Mobile App. The United app is optimized for the iPhone and compatible with the iPad and Apple Watch. From flight booking to flight status and much more, the United app is your indispensable travel companion.
Key features include:
• Check in for flights, domestic and international for eligible travelers
• Change your flight
• Select alternative flight options if there are significant flight delays or cancellations
• Purchase Award Accelerator®, Premier Accelerator℠, Premier Access®, Economy Plus® seating and upgrades, subject to availability
Mobile Boarding Pass
• Store your United mobile boarding pass in the United Mobile App or save it to your Apple wallet for easy access
• Store mobile boarding passes for select partner airlines when you are connecting from a United flight to a flight on one of the participating airlines
• Full-featured, native app flight booking, including the ability to search and book using miles for MileagePlus® award travel
• Purchase Economy Plus seating, Premier Access, and United Club℠ one-time passes, subject to availability
• Check the status of your upcoming flight or search for the status of other United flights with a flight number or route
• Access and view upgrade and standby lists
• View aircraft seat maps
• Get departure and arrival information
• View the current location of your flight’s aircraft
• See amenities offered in flight
• Receive flight status push notifications: Monitor a selected flight and receive automatic updates sent to your device
• Manage your booked reservations
• Add and view current United reservations
• Change seats
• Change or cancel reservations
• Automatically upgrade and receive upgrade information if you are an eligible MileagePlus Premier® member
• Purchase Travel Guard® Insurance, Premier Access, and Economy Plus seating, subject to availability
• Add reservations directly to your calendar
• Enroll in MileagePlus
• View your MileagePlus account information
• See recent activity and statements
• View flights, including current, past and canceled flights
• Add MileagePlus card to Apple wallet
Other Important Features
• Track the status of your checked baggage
• Stream and watch popular movies and TV shows from your own device on select flights
• View interactive airport maps
• See United Club locations and hours, and purchase one-time passes
• Eligible MileagePlus Chase Card members can access their one-time passes
• Schedule Uber transportation to or from the airport
• Play Sudoku games
• Share your reservations and check-ins with your social network and view our recent tweets
Thank you for choosing United! We regularly update our app to provide you with the best possible experience.
Here’s what you will find in our latest update:
- New! Explore the world with United and find top things to do at your destination under Reservation Details
- New! Added Frankfurt, DE (FRA) to our list of airport maps
- Improvements to our passport scanning technology
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
We love your feedback! Please share your opinion with us in the app under ‘App feedback’.
Ratings and Reviews
Reserve your flights and fly through the check-in line.
United First Class all the way!
I’ve spent way too much time in airlines over the last 4 decades: 3.5 million miles on United alone. The people are great, but like all humans there are ups & downs.
The issue for UAL is the equipment. Others are way ahead and it makes an enormous difference in the passenger experience. Also, the entertainment selections are pretty pathetic and, of course, is only available if one wants to pay for the privilege. Wi-Fi seldom works and the electrical ports, if you can fold up like a pretzel to find one in the dark cavern under the seat, often are also non-functional. Other carriers have figured out how to place these on the easily accessed back of the seat in front of each passenger. The first class food is highly erratic in quality as is the wine. Good news is, after many years of terrible coffee (after they jettisoned Starbucks) it is now drinkable. Maybe Illy?
Finally, this note is kind of a test - the last time I wrote a review like this I made the mistake of honestly ranking UAL with only 3 stars, not 5. When I submitted the review ( similar to the one above) their computer system apparently decided any ranking less than 4 or 5 would not be posted. So this time it’s 5 STARS! Let’s see what happens...
Very frustrated with the latest versions of this app
As a United 1K flier, I use this app...A LOT. Up until the most recent version, I have been relatively satisfied with it. However, the newer versions (including this one) have been completely logging me out of my account after a certain period of time. I have to re enter my account number and password and re-enable TouchID. In previous versions, I only had to do this once and then TouchID was all I needed to access my personal data. The amount of time seems to vary. However, it stay logged in long enough to complete a travel day, but if I for get to log in before I board, it add an extra amount of time to get to my boarding pass. I think they are trying to be more secure which I appreciate, but there needs to be a better balance. Before, once you logged in, your Itineraries, Club and status cards were always visible. TouchID was needed to access your actual account details. I’m sure they are trying to restrict access to all personal information so my suggestion would be to log in once, and use Touch ID to be able to see boarding passes and itineraries and personal data. The visibility of this information could time out after some pre determined period, but you would only need TouchID (or FaceID) to re access-not a complete login.
- United Air Lines
- 177.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.