United is pleased to offer the United Mobile App. The United app is optimized for the iPhone and compatible with the iPad and Apple Watch. From flight booking to flight status and much more, the United app is your indispensable travel companion.
Key features include:
• Check in for flights, domestic and international for eligible travelers
• Change your flight
• Select alternative flight options if there are significant flight delays or cancellations
• Purchase Award Accelerator®, Premier Accelerator℠, Premier Access®, Economy Plus® seating and upgrades, subject to availability
Mobile Boarding Pass
• Store your United mobile boarding pass in the United Mobile App or save it to your Apple wallet for easy access
• Store mobile boarding passes for select partner airlines when you are connecting from a United flight to a flight on one of the participating airlines
• Full-featured, native app flight booking, including the ability to search and book using miles for MileagePlus® award travel
• Purchase Economy Plus seating, Premier Access, and United Club℠ one-time passes, subject to availability
• Check the status of your upcoming flight or search for the status of other United flights with a flight number or route
• Access and view upgrade and standby lists
• View aircraft seat maps
• Get departure and arrival information
• View the current location of your flight’s aircraft
• See amenities offered in flight
• Receive flight status push notifications: Monitor a selected flight and receive automatic updates sent to your device
• Manage your booked reservations
• Add and view current United reservations
• Change seats
• Change or cancel reservations
• Automatically upgrade and receive upgrade information if you are an eligible MileagePlus Premier® member
• Purchase Travel Guard® Insurance, Premier Access, and Economy Plus seating, subject to availability
• Add reservations directly to your calendar
• Enroll in MileagePlus
• View your MileagePlus account information
• See recent activity and statements
• View flights, including current, past and canceled flights
• Add MileagePlus card to Apple wallet
Other Important Features
• Track the status of your checked baggage
• Stream and watch popular movies and TV shows from your own device on select flights
• View interactive airport maps
• See United Club locations and hours, and purchase one-time passes
• Eligible MileagePlus Chase Card members can access their one-time passes
• Schedule Uber transportation to or from the airport
• Play Sudoku games
• Share your reservations and check-ins with your social network and view our recent tweets
Thank you for using the United app! We regularly update our app to provide you with the best possible experience.
Here are the enhancements you will find in our latest update:
Ratings and Reviews
Reserve your flights and fly through the check-in line.
Bad advice from costumer service
We had a flight delayed 30 minutes because of weather from Vegas to Denver. We checked the weather map and saw a bad storm that was lasting for hours over Denver. We even checked the flight status and it said our plane that would take us home had not even left Denver yet. We called costumer service and asked for the flight details because the long storm seemed like it would delay our flight longer than just the 30 minutes our update told us. He told us our plane from Denver was in the air and and would pick us up with just the 30 minute delay. We told him that is not what we are seeing from the United app and the website. He assured us that our flight was in the air and would only be delayed 30 minutes. We asked him multiple times to make sure because we didn’t want to sit at the airport for hours. He reassured us one last time so we went. As soon as we got to the airport we found out the plane was still in Denver and just kept getting delayed every hour. We finally left and went back to get another hotel because the one we were at was now all booked up. 3 cab rides later and the cost of another hotel we just rescheduled. If we would not have been lied to by the costumer service person we would have just stayed at our hotel until the delays were over and left that same day and saved ourselves a lot of waisted money.
Worst airline app ever
Have tried to add reservation multiple times ... keeps disappearing. On first opportunity I said “don’t add to travel wallet” - as it’s my first time using the app and I had no idea what the travel while was. I thought they might be referring to Apple wallet, which I’ve had bad experience with in the past, and so do not use for flight information. Ever since then, no matter what I do, turn travel wallet saving on off etc., whenever I add that reservation, it appears for short time on home screen then disappears.
If an app can’t manage my reservations - no other features really matter. Recommend that they study behavior of Alaska Airlines app - that is a really really good airline app!! Also adding more u-ex designers who have empathy for “the common person” and can conduct usability research would go a long way.
Next I clicked on the “support” link in the App Store - so I could report this bug so they could fix it ... and I was taken to a marketing page telling me about the app’s features ... a non mobile optimized page ... hard to read on my phone :-) ... with no place to report a bug. I’m sure United does not mean to convey the message that their marketing materials are a higher priority than receiving customer feedback about bugs ... but the current approach is in danger of customers receiving that message ...
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.