By United Airlines
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
United Airlines is proud to offer the all-new Apple watch compatible United app, with a flyer-friendly design. The United app is optimized for the iPhone and compatible with the iPad. Offering features from flight booking to flight status and more, the United app is your indispensable travel companion.
The United app puts valuable travel information in the palm of your hand with our new home screen travel cards, ready to access at a moment’s notice.
■ Mobile boarding pass card: Scan your mobile boarding pass directly from the app home screen for quick access.
■ Travel assistant: As your trip gets closer, the travel assistant updates with your departure information, your seat assignment and your destination’s current weather.
■ Flight status card: Once you subscribe for a flight notification, the flight status will appear as a home screen card, with direct access to expanded flight information.
■ My reservations card: Eligible reservations update on the home screen within the 24-hour check-in period, giving you the option to check in directly from the card. You can also manually add your upcoming trips.
■ United Club℠ and one-time pass card: United Club members who sign in with their MileagePlus® account will see a digital membership card with a bar code for access to United Club locations. United Club one-time passes can also be accessed and purchased in the app.
■ MileagePlus card: Display a digital version of your MileagePlus membership card.
With in-app access to the most frequently used travel tools, including check-in, booking, flight status and MileagePlus account information, the United app provides easy, on-the-go travel planning.
■ Enjoy mobile boarding pass storage with complete Passbook integration.
■ Check in for flights, including international flights for eligible travelers.
■ Select alternate flight options if there are significant flight delays or cancellations.
■ Choose United Travel Options to enhance your experience: Purchase premium cabin or Economy Plus® seating, or enjoy Premier Access®.
■ Book one-way, roundtrip and multi-segment travel.
■ Book MileagePlus award travel.
■ Purchase Economy Plus seating.
■ Access upgrade and standby lists.
■ View seating options on the redesigned seat map.
■ Get departure and arrival information.
■ Find out where your flight is coming from and its current location.
■ See inflight amenities.
■ Receive flight status push notifications: Monitor a selected flight and receive automatic updates sent to your device.
■ Add and view current United reservations.
■ Automatically upgrade and receive upgrade information if you are an eligible Premier® member.
■ Purchase Premier Access, Economy Plus seating and more.
■ Add your flights directly to your calendar.
■ View your Mileage Plus account and subscription information.
■ See recent activity and statements.
■ View flights, including current, past and canceled flights.
■ Enroll in MileagePlus.
-Other helpful travel tools:
■ View airport maps.
■ See United Club locations and hours, and purchase one-time passes.
■ Play Sudoku games.
■ Share your reservations and check-ins with your social network and view our recent tweets.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Adding features to the United Mobile App to enhance your travel experience
•We’re very excited to offer New Airport Maps!
• Seven Hubs, fully mapped – more to come.
•Scalable, high resolution maps with searchable points of interest
•Walking and route directions
•Indoor Location (GPS/Bluetooth) – now beta testing at our Newark Hub
•Please note – maps are supported with iOS 8 and up.
•General travel enhancements and more squashed bugs
As always, keep that feedback coming and look for continued “Flyer Friendly” improvements!
Would be nice to...
Some idiosyncrasies with the app and United are in the reporting of MileagePlus statements. In the app it seems to be tied to when the miles get credited and not by the actual activity date. It also isn't a universal app that works as well on iPad as it does on iPhone.
Great addition of TouchID support. Just needs Pay (ApplePay) to be included now. Just bought tickets via the app and was disappointed the payment method was old school - it did not support secured payment via ApplePay.
1. It would be nice if the app showed activity for time periods and the activity was when the flights actually occurred. Currently the only way to see past activity is through statements tab which groups them in odd/unexpected time periods dictated by mileage post date.
2. A universal version that is enhanced for iPad would also be great. There is a lot of information that could be presented taking advantage of the iPad's size especially when viewing reservations, booking or viewing past activity.
3. All e-tickets should be available via Passbook!
4. Passbook tickets & electronic boarding passes should should also display the ticket number for and especially for partner airlines. This is helpful when having to make a claim/request for miles credits.
5. Ticket history should be made available in the app if a ticket is only available within the app and not pushed to Passbook. Again this is helpful for when we need to submit mileage requests.
Great App. Better than AA!
I only use the App on my phone and I like it very much. I Performing the most common functions is easy and I particularly like the ability to track where my plane is coming from (and therefore whether a delay is likely) + the amenities on board. One thing that I do not like is when I try to check in via the Check In feature (within 24 hours of departure), it asks for my flights or a reservation number. In some cases, my reservation will not immediately show up under my flights. I have to go to the home screen, refresh and I end up seeing it there but it most often does not show there immediately.
New app is much improved. A few comments:
1. I wish there were some way to view the aircraft types along with the times, if not in the flight reservation, then in the flight table.
2. Flight table search seems buggy. The calendar day of the week and days are incorrect (for example, I think it shows Sept 5, 2015 as a Sunday when it is actually Saturday. I also did a search on Fri Sept 11, 2015 from ITH to ABQ. It returned 'no flights' when I know there is one since I'm booked on it!
3. I like the airport maps. Most of the info in the back of Hemispheres should be in the app. You could even make Hemispheres itself available as a PDF!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 91.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: United Air Lines
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.