Unity Intercom is a next generation network-based full-duplex intercom system that is incredibly simple to use, yet is as powerful as traditional systems costing many times more! Unity Intercom system works in conjunction with Unity Intercom Server available from unityintercom.com
Unity Intercom can be used for a variety of applications
• Multi-camera live video production (including Tally!)
• Fleet/delivery management
• Hotel staff
• Hospitality personnel
• Construction/installation crews
• And many, many more
Works over any IP based network
• Unity Intercom works using either Wi-Fi or Cellular data. Users can be within the same network as the Unity server, or travelling around the world communicating over the internet.
Amazingly clear, low-latency audio
• Unity audio is significantly higher quality than regular cell phone communications, with no additional latency
External program feed
• Unity server comes with a built-in, sample program feed, but can be upgraded for a custom Program Feed.
Supports up to 128 channels in groups of 6, with a standard limit of 63 users
• Users can be restricted to access any or all of the 128 channels for talk/listen, listen only, or no access.
• Additional users can be purchased, up to a total of 63 simultaneous users on the Unity system. Unlimited user counts are also available through server upgrades.
Integrates with external audio I/O
• Upgrade Unity to allow audio to be routed to and from an external Com system, effectively creating wireless com stations that work with a traditional hard-wired intercom over any existing network.
External tally support
• The Unity server can be upgraded to accept tally information from a variety of video switching systems, and can send this information to remote Unity app users. Unity iOS devices become actual tally lights, showing both preview and on-air talent tally functionality.
• Great for production environments!
- Fixes problem with priority channel indicators not updating properly when changing between groups.
- Fixes issue where lower dB levels were not saved and restored properly for Connection Lost, Mic Level, Program Feed Level and Sidetone Level.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but I have a suggestion
I do not have a Mac computer so can you add a feature to also install a server to your mobile device?
Crystal clear communications
I've used this app many times with the team and it is stunning. The clarity is better than cell phones in many cases and the ability to set up channels is something you'll only get on much more expensive terrestrial intercom systems. This app changed how we think about communications.
THIS WAS A TREMENDOUS WASTE OF MY TIME!!!
What a total waste of my time. There is no way to understand how this app works (at least from the App Store). So instead, you end up having to go to the web and pull the information up there. It is still very poorly explained, and will cost you a fortune if you decide to actually use it. THIS IS NOT A SIMPLE INTERCOM APP!!!!
IT IS NOT ANYTHING THAT YOU WOULD USE AT HOME AS A SIMPLE INTERCOM BETWEEN TWO UNITS.
AND THAT SHOULD BE EXPLAINED FIRST AND FOREMOST.... I'VE BEEN BUYING APPS AT THE APP STORE, SINCE THE BEGINNING, AND THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCES AND A WASTE OF TIME...
JUST SIMPLY EXPLAIN THE APP - IMMEDIATELY AT THE APP STORE OR AT LEAST WHEN WE OPEN THE APP UP AFTER HAVING INSTALLED IT....... AND IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH EXPLAIN THE APP AND WHAT IT DOES AND THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE TO USE A MAC OR A WINDOWS DESKTOP AS THE MAIN UNIT.....,ETC, ETC, ETC........
AGAIN, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND A POOR EXPLANATION, OR NON EXPLANATION, I SHOULD SAY !!!!!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.