* Universal Doctor Speaker is free to support the refugee crisis. For more info, visit: www.refugeespeaker.org *
Universal Doctor Speaker is a multilingual app providing key medical phrases translated across 17 languages with audios to facilitate communication between patients and healthcare professionals who don't share a common language.
The app can be used by patients, as well as healthcare professionals to communicate with foreign patients.
Chinese Mandarin Simplified
1) Verified Medical Translations with Audios
Universal Doctor Speaker comes with over 500 commonly used medical phrases in 17 different languages with accompanying audios by native speakers.
This content has been carefully reviewed by a variety of medical professionals, professional linguists and translators, and different medical associations.
Universal Doctor Speaker is a pocket version of Universal Doctor Speaker WEB - a multilingual medical translations web platform used by Hospitals, Governments and Healthcare Professionals around the world. For more info, visit www.universaldoctor.com
2) Works Offline
Once downloaded, all the translations and audios are on your device for offline use - no need for WIFI or a data connection to use the app.
3) Search Function
Looking for a particular phrase? Use the search bar to find exactly what you want to say.
4) Translations Organized to Facilitate Medical Visits
Content is organized into various medical chapters to help facilitate multilingual medical visits. Patients can use the app to describe:
• Immediate medical needs
• Medical history
• Or ask questions regarding medical treatment
Healthcare professionals can use the app to understand and explain:
• Anamnesis of symptoms by system and specialty
• Physical examination procedures
5) Free Updates with New Languages, Content and Features
Get Universal Doctor Speaker and gain access to continuous (always free) updates, including new languages, phrases, features and more. No matter how many new languages we add, your updates will always be free.
Select the patient and doctor language in the app by clicking the Language section to begin communicating!
+ Brand new feature: click the Medical Centers button to search for doctors near you! Thanks to the great team at Doctoralia.
+ Improved standard Arabic content thanks to our amazing Syrian translator, Fardous!
Ratings and Reviews
Really useful when overseas
Seriously helpful app. Went on vacation recently and my medical condition flared up. Used this app with the doc and he was able to understand what I had, my medical history and I was able to understand what his medical advice was pretty clearly. Helped me out in a pretty bad situation. Thanks y'all
Excellent medical translations
Used this app with foreign patients and was impressed with the quantity and quality of translations. The app nicely organizes hundreds of medical questions and answers with audio versions. Was quite easy to find what I needed. Helpful in overcoming communication barriers. Definitely worth the money.
Cool medical app
Got the iPhone one, easy to use. Had to talk to a nurse about a fever I got, thought I might have malaria! The nurse was able to help me, was great to be able to click on the sentences and hear it out loud. Would only say to change the way languages are chosen in the home screen, took a few min to figure that out.
- Universal Projects and Tools S.L.
- 306.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Somali, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011 Universal Projects and Tools S.L.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.