Universal Piper - Pocket Bagpipe
By Universal Piper
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever wanted to have the REEEAAALL ROAR of a genuine bagpipe in your pocket and play it with your electronic MIDI chanter ? To be able to play a perfectly tuned bagpipe ?
You want to have the drones starting under your fingertips?
Universal Piper is a virtual instrument that reproduces faithfully the Sound of legendary bagpipes :
An Irish Uileann Pipe, two Great Highland Bagpipes and a Galician Gaita.
These sounds come from marvelous genuine Bagpipes that we recorded with great care. Listen to them on the preview !
You can use Universal Piper different ways:
- to play Bagpipe with your electronic MIDI chanter/keyboard or on your iPhone/iPad screen,
- to accompany you playing your practice with great bagpipe drones,
- to listen to electronic scores in MIDI (file extension .MID) or BWW format (file extension .BWW)
Full Feature List :
- genuine natural and perfectly tuned bagpipe sound,
- start/stop the drones,
- tuning control of the bagpipe,
- key control of the bagpipe +/- 12 semi-tones,
- drone/chanter balance control,
- piano like keyboard,
- BWW and MIDI file reader with tempo and BWW articulation control,
- coreMIDI compatible devices supported,
- MIDI keyboard and practice supported,
- background play mode to use another app while playing (for example : display a score)
List of the supported MIDI practices and their fingerings:
- Degerpipe : standard, extended,
- Degerpipe II : standard, extended,
- E-Pipe 15 : standard,
- Master Gaita : standard, asturian, french, GHB, galician, galician extended,
- OpenPipes : Bb3=MIDI 60,
- Redpipe : GHB standard, GHB minimal, GHB extended, France, gaita extended,
- Technopipe : GHB, asturian, galician closed, galician open, french half-closed,
- Trino (*) : standard,
- Generic Midi Chanter : Bb3=MIDI 70
An adapter, not included, is required to connect your MIDI instrument to your device.
Note : the technochanter is not a MIDI chanter
(*) Trino might not be compatible with iPhone. One unsolved issue was reported for an iPhone 6 + camera kit + trino. The same Trino works on iPad.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Bug fix : generic MIDI chanter correctly taken into account.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 20, 2016
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 69.0 MB
- Seller: Mickael COULON
- © 2011-2016-Universal Piper
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.