Put everything you need to know about your trip to Universal Studios Hollywood in the palm of your hand. Download the official Theme Park app for free!
It’s the easy way to:
• Purchase select single and multi-day Theme Park tickets in the app.
• Check ride, show and attraction wait times at home, on the go or in the park.
• Customize your park experience using the itinerary, filtered lists and the map to plan your day.
• Set ride wait time and show time alerts to make the most of your time in the park.
• Stay up-to-date with in-park notifications and news about upcoming special events.
• Share your Universal Studios Hollywood experience on Facebook and Twitter.
• Explore the park using the detailed map view.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We’ve made enhancements to The Official Universal Studios Hollywood™ App. Here’s what’s new:
• Black-out calendars – You spoke, and we listened! You now have the ability to view Black-out dates directly in the app for Annual and Season Passes
• Halloween Horror Nights™ map enhancements: This year we point out our terrifying mazes with a special skull icon on the event map
• Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Silver season pass family experience 2018
We love Universal. But there have been a few things mags that were inconvenient about the passes.
It has been somewhat of an inconvenience to schedule at times with black out dates. Particularly having all of July and half of August blocked out. (My only summer vacation time.) and now with 3 Saturday’s in October blocked out when we really wanted to add horror night. Only other difficulty is my size. I’m a large woman and there are 3-4 rides I can’t ride including the 3 new rides in The Harry Potter area. Being new it would have been nice to consider larger people. And it’s a bit embarrassing to try your sample seats right out on display for everyone to watch you fail at closing the security bars. I understand you want people to see so they don’t waste their time in line, but there could be an example and perhaps have the actual practice seat around a screen of some sort. It’s a bit humiliating and shamming.
Alot has changed at Universal Studios since I last been (25 years ago!)
Last time I went to Universal Studios I was 16 years ago, now at age 41 I got the chance to go again and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I was able to ride all but one ride (Couldnt fit on the Harry Potter ride so that was a bummer!) I loved all the rides I was able to ride; and the food and gift shops are all really cool!
We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and that was delicious, and those huge Simpson’s donuts we bought in the park were a perfect dessert to share!
I had a bit of anxiety on the Tram Backlot Tour because it was the most packed attraction there, However I really enjoyed it. It’s a MUST!
I’m glad we chose to purchase the annual passes rather than just a one day because we definately wanna go back soon!
Great app but issues
So I’ve been a big fan of universal for a long time. Even though prices are way higher I still love the theme park.
This app is pretty cool because it tells you wait times. The main thing I use it for. You can even tell it to alert you when the wait time reaches a specific time.
The problem I’ve had with it, is that it doesn’t alert you right away. I was at universal the day I’m writing this(technically yesterday because it’s after midnight), and I set up alerts for when the lines got short. It didn’t seem to alert me when I noticed that the wait times fell under the times it should have alerted me. I was like whatever and just ride the rides that now had super short lines. The park closed at 10:00pm today and at 10:02 I get two alerts telling me the lines are under the time I set. This was after about an hour to an hour and a half when I had noticed it myself. And um why did it alert me when the rides closed?
Other than this, the app seems pretty cool but I basically only use it to check wait times which seems to be pretty accurate. Now if they can get it to alert when the park is still open, it’d be even better. 😝
- NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- 89.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 NBCUniversal Media, LLC.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.