The UNT mobile app. has been built from the ground up with busy students (and future students) in mind. Choose which notifications to enable for grades and Blackboard assignments, quizzes and discussions; view your class schedule from myUNT and see class locations on the map; search open classes by term, course, or days of the week; select UNT events and deadlines to add to your phone or tablet; get directions to buildings from wherever you are; access faculty and staff contact information through the directory; and keep up with daily UNT news and activities …
We think that this is just the start of something beautiful between you, UNT and your mobile. We welcome your ideas for future features.
What you get:
· See your most recent notifications, Blackboard updates, UNT news and daily activities at a glance.
· Control which notifications you want to receive and how to get them, it’s up to you. Receive updates about final grades, Blackboard assignments, discussions, quizzes and announcements as they happen.
· View your classes and save the dates and times to your calendar or locate them on a campus map.
· Access your To Do list from the myUNT portal.
· Search for open classes and plan your schedule by term, class location, course or day of the week.
· Read the full UNT course catalog.
· Filter UNT activities for today, next weekend or this month and check upcoming deadlines and holidays.
· Get quick access to final exam schedules.
· Find campus buildings on the map and get directions from where you are.
· Get the latest news from Mean Green Athletics.
· View what’s happening on the best social channels across campus.
· Contact your professor and UNT staff with a click in the directory.
· Find frequent emergency numbers if you need help.
· Access the full UNT web site.
Thanks for using UNT Mobile app! You can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turning on Updates.
Every update of UNT Mobile app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those here.
P.S. Like the app? We appreciate your review at the store.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m glad UNT has this, it just needs some improvement
I give this a 4/5 because I am glad UNT has this app. If you have ever gone to another school, you should know that schools don’t normally have applications.
I like the map feature, especially as a new student. It works with Apple Maps, so it looks and feels familiar. The search capability filters out everything in the Apple Maps leaving only UNT buildings. However, the usability seems a little antiquated. It doesn’t give directions when you tap on a building//it doesn’t have very detailed maps under the normal map view when you zoom in, it doesn’t break down building maps like how Google Maps does with many malls. I don’t hold the lack of map features against UNT, because I know that is at fault to Apple and who they source their maps from.
The UX is a little clunky. Animations are choppy and sometimes has issues with loading pages.
As someone else mentioned before, the app is not formatted to the most recent iOS devices: in particular, the iPad Pro (2018). That isn’t too big of a deal, but it would be nice for those of us fortunate enough to have the new iPad.
- Can the Degree Audit be added?
- Can an appointment request system be incorporated? For things like the Learning Center, Writing Center, Advising, etc.
Still not optimized for iPhone X or iOS 11
The app looks ugly and cluttered on an iPhone screen. It looks like an iPhone 4 app that was zoomed in and there’s lots of empty black space above and below the app.
It also has an issue with notifications. If doesn’t seem to sync my read notifications from the website. My phone app currently has 155 unread notifications even though I’ve cleared them all on the website.
You should just remove the Blackboard integration from it and refer people to the official Blackboard app at least until we finish the transition to Canvas.
Developer Response ,
Hello, Sorry you are experiencing this issue. Please contact email@example.com so we may assist you. Thank you, DubLabs
Finally! A reliable UNT app
I'm so happy they came out with this app because even as a senior there were still buildings I couldn't find and events I never knew were going on. Now I literally have my calendar, events AND classes all in one spot, on the go! Love it.
- University of North Texas
- 110.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 DubLabs LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.