Wattpad - Free Books and eBook Reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join millions who love Wattpad - the world’s unlimited, ever growing library of FREE stories.
A TOP 5 BOOK APP FOR 3 YEARS!
• Free stories and books written by published and aspiring authors, writers and creators
• Search popular genres and trending topics to find any story you can imagine. The latest Poot Lovato meme? Yeah, we got that.
• Follow stories as they are written and get updates for new chapters.
• Connect with writers and other readers, using text, emoji, emoticons... all the reactions. Binge read, leave comments on stories and discuss the newest plot twists!
• Save to your library and share what you’re reading with your friends. You can even make gorgeous quote art to share on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and all the rest.
• Write your own stories. Share your writing with the supportive Wattpad community and finally finish that novel (or listicle) you've been talking about.
• Download stories and books to the app so you can read offline
• Personalized recommendations of stories to read - let our algorithms take care of you
• Stay connected to your stories with a newsfeed of updates and comments from friends
• Sync all your stories and ebooks between your iPhone, tablet, and computer
Millions of stories to choose from:
• Choose from popular romance, fanfic, non-fiction, mystery, fantasy, memoirs, travelogues, sci-fi, short stories, poetry and memes.
• Popular cast celebrities: Kylie Jenner, Harry Styles, Luke Hemmings, Rihanna, Tyga, August Alsina, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Drake and Kim Kardashian.
• Works by well-known authors and poets: Scott Westerfeld, Tyler Oakley, Margaret Atwood, Paulo Coelho, RL Stine, Dan Brown, Anna Todd, Christopher Pike, Pharrell, Felicia Day, Jennifer Armentrout, Meg Cabot, Marissa Meyer, Gena Showalter, Hugh Howey, Kevin J Anderson, Maureen Johnson and many more.
• Trending fan fiction: Anime, Supernatural, Twilight, One Direction, Harry Potter, 1d, Naruto, Manga, Star Wars, The Walking Dead, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, 5SOS, Kpop, Divergent, Arrow, Fifth Harmony.
• The classics: Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes, Romeo & Juliet, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, The Art of War, Pride & Prejudice, Shakespeare and much more.
• Find stories and reviews from new reading lists and book clubs.
Wattpad has been featured in publications like The New York Times, MacWorld, The Guardian and Washington Post. Here’s what people are saying:
"Wattpad opens the doors and enlarges the view in places where the doors are closed and the view is restricted." - Margaret Atwood
"Wattpad is exciting because there is the opportunity to create content with depth." - Vincent Lam
"Connecting readers and writers — Publishers need to establish a direct relationship with their customers, and this is something Wattpad excels at."
- O'Reilly Media
"I love Wattpad!!" - Thousands of App Store reviews
Discover the next 50 Shades of Grey!
What's New in Version 6.9.0
The Update and I are sitting at the diner once again. It’s become somewhat of a usual spot, I suppose. The grub is good and the service is always fast and friendly. But this time I chose it for an entirely different reason.
“You can now scroll infinitely for people and reading list searches…” the Update starts, rhyming off his new list for me. I don’t notice him leaning towards me across over the table.
“Inline comments now appear in chronological order…” he murmurs softly. I’m not sure why his voice is getting so low and husky.
“We fixed our top 3 crashes: in the YouTube player, while downloading story covers, and in the writer.” He places his hand near mine and slowly grazes my arm. “We also fixed the bug that would reset your reading position to the beginning of the story.”
I can’t see the way his eyes are sparkling because my phone screen is up covering most of my face.
“It’s easier now to share a story after taking a screenshot and it’s easier to share your stories from within My Works….” he stops suddenly and sits back with a scowl. “Notes.,” he growls sharply and I startle. “Are you even listening to me at all?”
I finally look up from my phone and offer him an apologetic look. “I’m really sorry, Update, but there’s a Charmander on your shoulder.”
I love Wattpad
Wattpad is an amazing app with a very simple and easy layout, different books, with astonishing authors and its an app where you can even write your own stories. The layout for watpad is very simple; Believe me, you won't have a problem searching through this app. You have a library where you can store all the books you are reading and would like to continue reading. You have a place where you can write your own stories that you may want to publish. You have a page that shows you what your account looks like to the General public. Wattpad also provides you with a space that shows recommendations, on books you might find interesting. They also, of course, have a place where you can search the type of book you might want to read. Wattpad is a great opportunity for authors who may want a future in literature. Some books on Wattpad have been viewed and found by publishers who later opened the book up to the public, whether it be through libraries, book stores or ebooks. Bye, hope I helped.
Wonderful App but the New Update is Awful
Wattpad is a wonderful app and I have had it for three years now and I never go a day without writing on it, but this newest update is causing issues. My biggest issue (and others I've seen) is that comments are now from bottom to top rather than most recent and the top and oldest at the bottom. I've noticed how Wattpad continues to switch between the two ways of ordering the comments, but I do hope that this is changed again because having comments go most recent and the bottom and oldest at the top confuses me. That is mostly my only complaint other than some minor bugs such as my stories not loading unless I sit for a minute on each one (yes, even with a great connection) but there are always constant updates so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
*USED* To Be A Great App
Don't get me wrong, I love Wattpad. I never go a day without using it, and it's basically my life. However, recent updates have made slightly upset with the app.
For example, I dislike how it says *exactly* who you're following on your profile. That's a little stalker-ish, don't you think? There's some accounts that I follow that'd I'd like to keep somewhat private.
When you read stories, and finish up to the latest published part, the new 'share' bar is quite distracting. Sure, it's convenient to know when it was last updated, but I believe it's a bit overkill.
Another thing-- with the most recent update (July 19), I absolutely HATE the new way comments are organized. Now the most recent ones are at the bottom?!?! That is seriously going to mess with things, and will confuse me by the way comments work. Not to mention, there is a highly popular 'roleplaying' genre on Wattpad. With this new comment system... all those roleplaying books are RUINED! I know the team doesn't like this comment, but PLEASE, CHANGE IT BACK! Having the most recent comments at the top is much more convenient than the new form. Also, the 'view more replies' button is already getting on my nerves.
Sometimes... these changes aren't always for the better...
I hope this app continues to be great! But, from time to time, these changes aren't my favorite.
All negativity aside, keep up the good work!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 19, 2016
- Version: 6.9.0
- Size: 50.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: WP Technology, INC
- © 2015 WP Technology Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Wattpad Reaction$0.99
- 5 Wattpad Reactions$2.99
- 1 Wattpad Reaction$0.99
- 10 Wattpad Reactions$4.99